NRL SUPERCOACH COMPETITION *** TotalRLSCLeague23 *** SC Season Complete. See you for the 2024 SC competition here.

I'm never overally concerned about an under-par score in the 1st round. Players who underperform could well steal the show in round 2. Scored 1069. I'll be holding fire on trading this week to get a better look at roles/minutes of players in my team. 

Edited by JimBronco

56 minutes ago, JimBronco said:

I'm never overally concerned about an under-par score in the 1st round. Players who underperform could well steal the show in round 2. Scored 1069. I'll be holding fire on trading this week to get a better look at roles/minutes of players in my team. 

Wise words. The big scorers last week were full of Sea Eagles and Dolphins. The former aren't playing this week and the latter are unlikely to score as well again. Time to drag out the "its a marathon not a sprint" cliché and to remember that form is temporary, class is permanent. At least I hope it is for Cleary and Tedesco.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spotty Herbert said:

Wise words. The big scorers last week were full of Sea Eagles and Dolphins. The former aren't playing this week and the latter are unlikely to score as well again. Time to drag out the "its a marathon not a sprint" cliché and to remember that form is temporary, class is permanent. At least I hope it is for Cleary and Tedesco.

Yep. People can look at one player's big score in one game and immediately trade them in, not looking deeper into their stats from that game where you'd find out that their points were all from attacking stats and their base was very poor. 

Agree Spotty Herbert and Jim Bronco.  Seem to have evaded any injuries or suspensions in round 1 so I'm holding off trading and giving everyone another run out to evaluate how they are going.

I have a feeling with one team on a bye each week the trades will be more valuable this year.

Edited by Railway End

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

I have a feeling that 3 trades may be required after this weekend to maximise cash growth potential and deal with any expensive under performers before they lose too much. Plus we have Panthers and Roosters bye weeks coming in rounds 3 and 4.

• Graham changed the title to NRL SUPERCOACH COMPETITION *** TotalRLSCLeague23 - Results After Round 1 and Chat here. Captain?
5 hours ago, Graham said:

Captain?

Cleary? D Fifita ? V Holmes? Teddy? A N Other?

I just couldn't go with Cleary in the first game of the round in a tough match up. Penrith not convincing but they showed up against Souths; it's just not clicking yet for Cleary. I'm currently on Grant with Teddy as vice-captain. That could change. Holmes intrigues me but again, another tough one against Brisbane. 

59 minutes ago, Spotty Herbert said:

Not Cleary. No obvious choice this week. After last time, how about HopGod?

HopGod should be a solid pick with his base, but perhaps go with someone with more upside. 

1 hour ago, JimBronco said:

HopGod should be a solid pick with his base, but perhaps go with someone with more upside. 

Teddy should have the upside, but after last week? Seen a number of people going for Adam Doehi, but I'm not convinced about Wests.

6 hours ago, Spotty Herbert said:

Teddy should have the upside, but after last week? Seen a number of people going for Adam Doehi, but I'm not convinced about Wests.

You can never doubt Teddy and the Roosters will be fired up after a loss in round one. They'll bounce back I'm sure. Doueihi could score heavily if the Tigers' forwards are on it against Newcastle. It's a brave decision going with him as captain though. 

Harry Grant with the C for me.  Hoping with Munster sidelined that he has a more flexible role in attack, maybe switching it up a bit with Hughes and Wishart in the halves?

Was almost tempted with HopGod.  He definitely comes into the reckoning in future weeks!

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

What a tough round that was. 
I was dreading looking at my score as I saw the injuries and poor performances mount. It seems though that most of us struggled to reach 1,000 points that round. If you did well done. 
With all my troubles if I’d chosen Hoppy as my captain I would have sneaked up there.

My worst choice of player to draft in … yes … Mr Ponga who sadly had another serious blow. My woes are nothing compared to his. 

Let’s have a look at the fallout of that round then… see below

Edited by Graham

Let’s see how those results affected our league table.

Head2Head Ladder After Round 2 

fArPGgi.jpg

wixMzme.jpg

It’s very early days, and if it’s any comfort, it’s a tough start to the season.

It would be great if the rest of you would give your teams a nicely coloured badge, to both personalise your team and also make my graphics more attractive. 😀

Edited by Graham

Total Points After Round 2

CFWLx0M.jpg
HD7cl9i.jpg

I would have posted these yesterday but when I managed to find the time, the forum was down.

Congratulations to Craig, Mark, James and Raymond, the only ones to score 1,000+.

Good luck in Round 3.

These regular byes are an extra challenge this season, as if we didn’t have enough already! 😄

Right then you are welcome to moan on here, it might prove to be therapeutic.

If there were positives to come out of that round for you, please share.

Likewise if you have ANY comments, hints, tips, thoughts on trades, captaincy etc. please post them.

• Graham changed the title to NRL SUPERCOACH COMPETITION *** TotalRLSCLeague23 - Results After Round 2 and Chat here. Chins up everyone :-)
18 hours ago, Spotty Herbert said:

Time for some serious trading before Thursday. Do we go for points this week, or maximise cash generation? Another tough week to choose a captain as well.

Cash generation is the priority this week, but I'm trying to get players in one or two positions this week that I see as potential keepers. I'd rather not bring someone in, only to have to move them on fairly soon. It's of course not as easy as that when you don't have the money in the bank. 

As far as captains go this week, I've still not got a clue who to go with. 

• Graham changed the title to NRL SUPERCOACH COMPETITION *** TotalRLSCLeague23 - Results After Round 2 and Chat here. Captain ideas… again?
37 minutes ago, Graham said:

Advice as to this week’s captain and vc then anyone?

It's hard to look past Turbo. The guy almost hit 100 in round 1 without breaking a sweat. He has an average of 82 and a high score of 179 against the Eels. He plays in the first game of the round though and that's always throws many off captaining a player. Plus the Eels will be desperate for a first win of the year. 

Vice-captaincy could well be thrown on HopGod. Not only has he got an unbelievable floor, he's shown that he has the upside. The doubters will say can he keep it up though! 

But seeing as it's so early in the season, most of us won't be focusing a great deal on the VC. 

Edited by JimBronco