NRL SUPERCOACH COMPETITION *** TotalRLSCLeague23 *** SC Season Complete. See you for the 2024 SC competition here.

11 hours ago, Graham said:

After this round (25) will you have any trades left?

I’ll probably have 2 left for emergencies. I’m out of H2Hs so no desperate need but to see out the season hopefully with two full sets of 17 for the last two rounds, provided there’s not a wholesale resting of key players in the top teams.

I still have one. Not sure when it will be used, but will probably try and wait till R27.

My sustained positivity, albeit expressed through gritted teeth, has paid off. This week being R25 out of 27 does somewhat take the shine off their belated achievement as I told them in the pub ater the last game of the round had finished.

If only they'd played like that earlier!

I kept telling my players they were capable of better. it looks like they have started to believe it... just as the SC season comes to an end.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Spotty Herbert said:

Anyone got extra problems this week with Edwards and Turuva being rested by Penrith on the same week Garrick is injured, Holmes is still suspended and Johnson has the bye?

This is when I agree with @Graham that the bye system is a pain!!

I’ve just lost Edwards with no ready made alternative. Bah!

I have one trade left. Do I use it to swap Edwards for Daine  Laurie or just take the hit?

The bye system plus resting is a particularly unpleasant aspect of this season’s SC.

The sooner they admit another club to the NRL the better!

Edited by Graham

Buy of the Season

What’s the player you consider has been the most important and successful purchase for your team?

For me there’s one player I consider a pearler purchase and that is…

… drum roll …

Kalyn Ponga ($484,900) Round 12

Not only has he scored magnificently on a regular basis, but he doubled in value  at one point and has allowed me to regularly choose him to be my captain when previous captain choices were more miss than hit.

Thank you Kalyn.

• Graham changed the title to NRL SUPERCOACH COMPETITION *** TotalRLSCLeague23 - Results, AOB, Head2Head finals in progress; Total Pts Continues…Rested Players!
12 hours ago, Graham said:

Buy of the Season

What’s the player you consider has been the most important and successful purchase for your team?

For me there’s one player I consider a pearler purchase and that is…

… drum roll …

Kalyn Ponga ($484,900) Round 12

Not only has he scored magnificently on a regular basis, but he doubled in value  at one point and has allowed me to regularly choose him to be my captain when previous captain choices were more miss than hit.

Thank you Kalyn.

Ponga is a very good call. Honourable mentions to Hopgod and jumping on Reece Walsh early doors.

On 23/08/2023 at 19:26, Spotty Herbert said:

Anyone got extra problems this week with Edwards and Turuva being rested by Penrith on the same week Garrick is injured, Holmes is still suspended and Johnson has the bye?

This is when I agree with @Graham that the bye system is a pain!!

It's taken 24 hours for me to be able to write this, but also mourning the loss of Nicho and this weeks captain Joey Manu's hamstring. What an end to the season.

Two early starts in the games today. I switched on near the end of the Knights game and searched for my captain Ponga and failed to see him. I learned afterwards he’d gone off with a shoulder injury after being tackled heavily. I feared the worst then expecting a low score, but I think he’d amassed a lot before leaving.

I had Manu as a player too.

It can be carnage at the tail end of the season. The byes just add extra pain.

Edited by Graham

6 hours ago, Graham said:

Two early starts in the games today. I switched on near the end of the Knights game and searched for my captain Ponga and failed to see him. I learned afterwards he’d gone off with a shoulder injury after being tackled heavily. I feared the worst then expecting a low score, but I think he’d amassed a lot before leaving.

I had Manu as a player too.

It can be carnage at the tail end of the season. The byes just add extra pain.

If I had captained Ponga I would have won my public league head to head grand final. I chose Manu and list by 60.

I think next week could be like a major bye round with the number of players I could have missing.

Thanks to Graham for running this and all the work he puts in.

I had Hopgood from the start so for me he was my best buy. Honourable mention to Khan Peirira of the Titans who I had the beginning and if he had a good week my team usually won he was pure rocks or diamonds.

Some of my squad seem to have gone on holiday with me  to Mallorca a week early.

Earlier today was in a bar/cafe called The Three Brothers and noticed a framed Castleford Tigers shirt on the wall. There was a plaque beneath. Place was absolutely choc a bloc due to very inclement weather but I will return to see who  donated that shirt. 

Congratulations to the winners and thanks to all who added to the thread 

Edited by Irish Saint
  • Thanks 1

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

The Head2Head Finals Series is now completed for the 2023 SuperCoach season.

Here's how it all played out. Well done our two finalists for getting so far.

There had to be just one winner and the winner was...

EetGbyH.png

1fnidJa.png

Congratulations.

This has been a challenging and exciting H2H season. What a great run of results you put together there at the end Paul. Hard luck on this occasion James.

• Like 1

Total Points Competition After Round 26

th5xv81.png

Jz4Zax5.png

Round 27 will complete the season.

As you can see from Oliver's fantastic R26 total, he hasn't given up on catching James at the top.

What an exciting end to the season's comp R27 will be.

There is the chance that a fair few changes to this table could happen this week as there are plenty of injuries to key players and there's the likelihood of a number of top players being rested.

Good luck to all!

Edited by Graham

• Graham changed the title to NRL SUPERCOACH COMPETITION *** TotalRLSCLeague23 - H2H Premiers Decided! Total Points Comp coming to an exciting conclusion in R27
  • Graham changed the title to NRL SUPERCOACH COMPETITION *** TotalRLSCLeague23 - H2H Premiers Decided! Total Points Comp still running. R27 it’s official, it’s carnage!
4 hours ago, Spotty Herbert said:

It would be nice if we had unlimited changes in week 27 to cover this happening. Even if we had saved 3 transfers and a boost it would be tough to field a full side this week.

I now have boosts to spare, but have used my last trade this week.

Using my last trade felt like putting a sticking plaster on a gaping wound!

0FPC7YX.jpg
You know what I mean?

4 hours ago, Graham said:

I now have boosts to spare, but have used my last trade this week.

Using my last trade felt like putting a sticking plaster on a gaping wound!

0FPC7YX.jpg
You know what I mean?

I know what you mean. I might have 11 players this week .....

5 minutes ago, Spotty Herbert said:

The tipping competition will be interesting as we have no idea how teams will line up for later games (particularly Penrith). As I don't follow the Queensland Cup, Broncos vs Storm will be a toss up as well!

R27 is  a nonsense. It reduces SC R27 to wizened lottery. Goodness only knows how many players we have in our teams that will actually take to the field in their games.

Storm have more changes than Broncos. Broncos at home with the incentive of taking the minor premiership and $200,000 (I think) will probably win.