Sat 18th/Sun 19th : Betfred League 1 (None TV) Match Thread

19 minutes ago, Rene_Artois said:

Donny just have to keep winning.

We do but the Dewsbury scorelines compared to the Dons are significant.

“It is not revenge we want for poor people, but happiness; indeed, what revenge can be taken for all the thousands of years of the sufferings of the poor?”

I expect Dewsbury will be hard to stop, but hope next week that a youthful Rochdale can a least put more than a dent in their ambitions!   Apparently, Midlands gave Hornets a very good test today and hopefully they can become a beacon for the development of other areas.

It could be argued that Hurricanes beat themselves today after Rochdale capitalised on their indiscipline. Two sin-binnings and too many penalties given away in danger areas. We were probably close to a team warning at one point as we desperately defended our line. 

Harsh maybe as Hurricanes also showed great character by coming back after conceding two early tries and getting a lead against a decent Hornets side who were quick off the line and resolute when defending. After going behind again we had a try disallowed (it was clearly grounded I could see it from where I was stood 40 yards away) that would have equalised the scores and maybe turned the tide in our favour.

We're getting there but still some work to do before we are a serious play-off contender.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Moonshine said:

We do but the Dewsbury scorelines compared to the Dons are significant.

True to an extent. We've yet to play a weak team so I'd argue a wins a win. We seem to have a resilience I've not seen in recent years.

Also I'm still not sure what our strongest team is. 

Edited by Rene_Artois