Sun 16th Apr: SL: Wakefield Trinity v Leigh Leopards KO 15:00

Who will win?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity
    • Leigh Leopards

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/04/23 at 14:30

22 minutes ago, phiggins said:

I think the simplest way to look at it is, we need to keep the starting middles and the left hand side, whilst improving the back up middles and the right hand side.

Yep, agree must say I was quite impressed with Wilde yesterday my only question is why has Mr Lam taken so long to show some faith in him, now with the pressure seemingly relieved somewhat with yesterday's victory we should be seeing some more of Wilde and other squad members like Smith and Gannon.

Edited by Harry Stottle

1 minute ago, LeytherRob said:

Yes Charnley is contracted for next year along with the majority of the squad. Only those I named plus probably Umyla Hanley are off contract

Yes thanks for that Rob, I have now read your link as you know for some reason I was not recieving club emails, but that has now been resolved. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yep, agree must say I was quite impressed with Wilde yesterday NY only question is why has Mr Lam taken so long to show some faith in him, now with the pressure seemingly relieved somewhat with yesterday's victory we should be seeing some more of Wilde and other squad members like Smith and Gannon.

I thought he was solid, if unspectacular. Albeit against an opponent that threw in the towel shortly after he came on. But surely he's worth perservering with, rather than having a winger or centre on the bench.

Was relieved to see Davis do a stint at 13 and Mellor at 9 (would've preferred him at 6 with Reynolds at 9 when Ipape went off), because it meant that at least we used all 17 players for the first time in a long time. Though I think that was partly a case of putting the cue on the rack after going three tries ahead. My fear when seeing the team sheet was that Davis would do 15 mins at hooker and Mellor wouldn't get on at all.

4 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yep, agree must say I was quite impressed with Wilde yesterday NY only question is why has Mr Lam taken so long to show some faith in him, now with the pressure seemingly relieved somewhat with yesterday's victory we should be seeing some more of Wilde and other squad members like Smith and Gannon.

I agree, I'd be considering playing Wilde and Gannon next week and give Mulhern or Amone less minutes. Free hit next week but Cas at home start of May is a big one to target

14 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

I agree, I'd be considering playing Wilde and Gannon next week and give Mulhern or Amone less minutes. Free hit next week but Cas at home start of May is a big one to target

The only change I can see happening next week is Smith in for Reynolds if he is fit. 

Speaking of Mulhern, was he listed as starting the game? Or did he start the game for about a minute? Saw the team sheet, then about 2 mins in realised that Ava was on the pitch!

37 minutes ago, phiggins said:

The only change I can see happening next week is Smith in for Reynolds if he is fit. 

Speaking of Mulhern, was he listed as starting the game? Or did he start the game for about a minute? Saw the team sheet, then about 2 mins in realised that Ava was on the pitch!

Why would you gave Smith in for Reynolds? 

Also just seen that the club is being linked with and interested in Oliver Gildart, not for me what fo you think?

6 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Why would you gave Smith in for Reynolds? 

Also just seen that the club is being linked with and interested in Oliver Gildart, not for me what fo you think?

Actually, I meant only change I could see happening was Smith for Mellor, given Reynolds is being selected at stand off. Because Smith is a better hooker.

On Gildart, not sure. I thought he was a left centre, and wouldn't pick him there over Luetele. He might be a better right centre than Hardaker, certainly better than Chamberlain. 

Edited by phiggins

39 minutes ago, phiggins said:

Actually, I meant only change I could see happening was Smith for Mellor, given Reynolds is being selected at stand off. Because Smith is a better hooker.

On Gildart, not sure. I thought he was a left centre, and wouldn't pick him there over Luetele. He might be a better right centre than Hardaker, certainly better than Chamberlain. 

Gildart would be a cracking signing, gives cover in right centre when obrien is out and hardaker is FB, but he can also play anywhere in the back line. His best game for England came playing right wing and he's got more pace that Tom Briscoe 

Edited by LeytherRob
  • Like 1

If Asiata is tied down for next season then that is great news. Next focus has to be to get Lam signed up ASAP for as long as we can manage. 

Those 2 are integral to everything we do well in attack. Asiata's distribution from 1st receiver is fantastic and Lammy gives us a bit of edge/spark and genuine pace. 

Wakey looked terrified of Lammy every time he touched the ball yesterday. 

Feel for the Wakey fans as it wasn't pretty, Leigh started slow and clunky yesterday making errors, giving away penalties and bombing a few chances. Wakey had plenty of possession in good territory in those 1st 30 mins to take advantage of but never really troubled the defence. Lino was clearly the only threat which made him easy to close down and nobody else looked like they had a clue how to break down a determined defence. 

1 hour ago, Snowys Backside said:

Surprising that O Donnell is a quota player if England are rumoured to be interested an his Mum was born in the North East. 

How does that work ?

If we tie the spine up now, things look bright. 

It's based on federation/non federation trained. If they don't play 3 seasons in uk/France before 22 they are quota

• Thanks 1