Challenge Cup R5 Batley ( Away )

Angelic Cynic

Wembley appearance during the school holidays would probably boost the profile of the club in the area.

The referee for this game is Mr James Vella,who started off the unbeaten run in 2022,as it was he who refereed the first game,away at Oldham.

Could history repeat itself?

Wembley AND the play offs?

Would it lift the spirits?

Performance doesn't matter.It is a win,on Sunday,that will gladden the heart...

That performance at Oldham,in 2022 wasn't expected.The same grit and determination will do....and a win!

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Sunday is a massive game for the Cougars. Obviously the League is a long shot this year and this is our best chance of winning a trophy (and the same could be said of Batley)

I think a wembley appearance is possible and this would definitely promote the game in the area.

Playing at Batley is always difficult for any team and we would have to play well and have the ball run our way to get a result.

I'm not sure on our current injuries as we seemed to have a few limping last week.

I hope its dry and firm - conditions which i think suit our rugby style.

Can't wait!

I am just relieved Batley missed with a few kicks...

A much better performance from Batley than the one when they won last month.

Out - enthused isn't a good watch - but they also played good stuff.

I wouldn't object to a Batley v Halifax final.

It was poor from Keighley. 

No complaints regarding the result. We were in the game for about 30 mins and then it was pretty much one way until the last 10 mins.

We don't seem to offer much going forward without Chisholm.

Can't understand why we would choose to play downhill in the first half.

Anyway we can now concentrate on the League - as they say.

Apparently we won the toss!

Performance wise that was probably our worst of the season. Total lack of basic tackling skills throughout, especially on our left edge. I hate picking out individuals but Stevo isn't a centre and it's unfair that he's been asked to play there, he just gets walked over. Surely playing Crooks at centre and Stevo on the wing is better for the team. Levy and Roby both missed lots of tackles and it was a parade down our left edge.

We also have a massive drop off in quality when Ioane and Santi go off. I've said for a while we need at least one more prop. I would probably change that to 2 props now. 

Batley a good side though and very much deserved the win. They were quicker and stronger than us, especially at the ruck and through the middle. 

8 hours ago, Indigogo said:

Apparently we won the toss!

Performance wise that was probably our worst of the season. Total lack of basic tackling skills throughout, especially on our left edge. I hate picking out individuals but Stevo isn't a centre and it's unfair that he's been asked to play there, he just gets walked over. Surely playing Crooks at centre and Stevo on the wing is better for the team. Levy and Roby both missed lots of tackles and it was a parade down our left edge.

We also have a massive drop off in quality when Ioane and Santi go off. I've said for a while we need at least one more prop. I would probably change that to 2 props now. 

Batley a good side though and very much deserved the win. They were quicker and stronger than us, especially at the ruck and through the middle. 

I really like your posts.Thanks.

I heard a rumour - and it's true - psychological reasons for electing to go down the hill.

Thoughts about earlier victories - and,perhaps, memories of last play winning tries when Batley went downhill, second half, last month.

An injury,amongst other injuries,for Ben Crooks on wing and flexible Stevo at centre.

I think the lad can flourish without the pile-on when other players,in their usual positions, under perform.

Ioane played at Wembley last year and appeared to want to return,and Santi showed similar enthusiasm. 

Maybe off field is where it's at.Not a good performance to take into a break...

Highlights of the game.

Edited by RPH
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..