Ellis Archer

red square

I believe Ellis was offered another  contract by St Helens - they wanted to keep him. However the fact that Rio was not offered a contract meant he would have had to travel to Saints four evenings each week for training with no company on the journey. From what I have seen of him he is a heads up player with speed and an eye for creating an overlap. The question I raise is this "Given that we do not seem to offer much as an attacking threat this season if Ellis had still been on Saints books, and he had been offered to us on dual registration, would we have snapped him up and played him?"  He is certainly one for the future but I worry that if he does not get an opportunity with Barrow he will move on to pastures new next season. In my view he merits an opportunity to show his potential.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, red square said:

I believe Ellis was offered another  contract by St Helens - they wanted to keep him. However the fact that Rio was not offered a contract meant he would have had to travel to Saints four evenings each week for training with no company on the journey. From what I have seen of him he is a heads up player with speed and an eye for creating an overlap. The question I raise is this "Given that we do not seem to offer much as an attacking threat this season if Ellis had still been on Saints books, and he had been offered to us on dual registration, would we have snapped him up and played him?"  He is certainly one for the future but I worry that if he does not get an opportunity with Barrow he will move on to pastures new next season. In my view he merits an opportunity to show his potential.

Completely agree!!!!

We are offering nothing in attack and heading for relegation. Nothing to lose by giving the lad a chance!!!!

So fkn frustrating 

• Like 3

If sammit ,Carter,Johnson can't open defences, I don't think archer will I've watched him play ,barrow needs a pack who are going to go forward and get on the front foot so halfbacks can play,I would send archer on loan  maybe town or back to the amateur game so he's playing regularly,