Sun 23rd July : Betfred RL Challenge Cup Semi Final : Hull Kingston Rovers v Wigan Warriors KO 17:00 BBC2

Who will win?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull Kingston Rovers
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/07/23 at 16:30

For some time now Rovers have been a big club off the pitch and getting bigger. The top businessmen in the area are all on board and Rovers are now competing for the very best players including marquee overseas talent. Owning the ground and attracting top events plus Craven Streat and numerous other revenue generating schemes have transformed the economic fortunes of the club.

Of course it doesn't mean a lot to fans without success on the pitch but Rovers are building something that will last for years to come.

The fans at Headingley were tremendous and really did make a difference. To outnumber a club like Wigan by 3 to 1 is amazing and the volume at the ground was ear splitting. The TV focussed on the East side of the ground but Rovers had many more in the South and North.

I would also like to congratulate Leigh on deservedly reaching the final themselves. It seems that every new challenge comes the same to them and they have not been found wanting at any time. Beaumont is nothing if not a big personality and he is being rewarded for yes his money but also his ambition and determination.

A lot is being made of this 'surprise' final but the current Super League table shows Leigh as the highest placed west of the Pennines and Rovers the highest placed east of the Pennines.

It's going to be a fantastic day out for the Leigh and Rovers fans and if the semi finals are anything to go by it will be a thrilling game.

This WAS a match thread.

Sadly, it's descended into 'my club's bigger than your club, wah wah wah' so I've just binned off the last page of garbage (I haven't the patience to do anymore), suspended one individual from posting for a while and now I'm locking the thread.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1