Captains' rundown

phildog

Interesting thoughts from Browny and Leaky; players they think need to be around the club as it's future; keep McGowan, Buchanan, Senior, Meadows, Woods, Reilly, Kibula, Flynn, Burton. Milthorpe, Richardson, slot them in around a few who we might get another year out of, sign 4 up n comers and we'll be set for another tilt.

22 hours ago, phildog said:

Interesting thoughts from Browny and Leaky; players they think need to be around the club as it's future; keep McGowan, Buchanan, Senior, Meadows, Woods, Reilly, Kibula, Flynn, Burton. Milthorpe, Richardson, slot them in around a few who we might get another year out of, sign 4 up n comers and we'll be set for another tilt.

McGowan isn't you player, is he?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I'm thinking he'll still be down the pecking order at Giants and they'll leave him with us or let him go altogether. There are a few guys knocking around who might be open to approaches; I'd take a chance on Gavin Bennion at Swinton, if it's not too far to come Boafo at Thunder would pep up our outsides with JoshH pencilled in for SL and Kear move back to his proper centre spot. But, I digress....

Whoever the club/Mokko might be talking to, players ought to be beating the door down to get into this club. Those who might be calling it a day will have left the club on it's highest plane since 1901 and given every encouragement to a new breed to take over. Let's hope enough take on the challenge.