From "We grew up in Salford"

Thanks, John. Some of those street scenes were very reminiscent of the streets where I grew up (Moston & Harpurhey). Made me feel quite nostalgic.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

55 minutes ago, unapologetic pedant said:

If I knew how to, I'd post a link to "Bombs Away On Harpurhey" by King of the Slums.

Hmmm. I checked it out on YouTube. Not my style of music, but interesting, nonetheless. Thanks again.

• Like 1

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

3 hours ago, tonyXIII said:

Hmmm. I checked it out on YouTube. Not my style of music, but interesting, nonetheless. Thanks again.

An acquired taste. Their sound always reminded me of the "Room to Live" album by The Fall. Another acquired taste.

Although from Bolton, I played junior cricket in the North Manchester League (or some-such).

Couple of away fixtures had meaningful ties with RL. The ground at Weaste Cricket Club was behind the (then relatively) new stand at the Willows. Every year we went, the changing rooms had undergone further alterations courtesy of the local equivalent of the Luftwaffe. And Swinton Cricket Club, where the mighty Lions were originally formed as Swinton and Pendlebury F.C.

• Thanks 1