Do we really need to change this law...

My preferred situation, quite honestly, would be to trust players and assume that any player offside was staying out of the play unless they made an obvious move to get involved.

Sadly, I think professional coaching and competitiveness would render such a situation a farce.

• Like 1

The minute refs give players an inch the coaches will turn it into a mile.

• Like 3

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

My main observation on this is often players are offside when a kick goes up , are within 10 metres , fullback or whoever drops ball.The best outcome is to just regain possession from open play or a scrum as opposed to score . Simply because if you are offside and it isn`t blatantly obvious you get away with it and you have 6 tackles in the oppositions 20, if you score it is chalked off on review .

59 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Just an aside but refs and touchies in this country let players run offside at kick offs even when they’re looking right at it 

I have seen it pulled twice in recent years, but more often than not it is ignored. Walking out from under the sticks as the kicker took his run up became normal practice for a while but now seems to have been replaced by having a group chat with half the side in-field under the sticks.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.