Fri 25th Aug: SL: Castleford Tigers v St Helens KO 20:00

Who will win?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/08/23 at 19:30

Not seen the game but looks like we are starting to flow a bit now. I don't think it's a coincidence that this upturn in form has started as soon as Joe Batchelor returned. In the backs, Welsby, Percival and Makinson look to be clicking right now. Combine that with Wellens' correct decision to reinstate Bennison on the wing and things are looking alright. 

If and when we get Lees, Hurrell / Hopoate and Sironen back and we'll be in a healthy position. We have played sides sitting in the bottom half for each of the last 5 matches that we have won though. It remains to be seen whether we can maintain this against top half sides. Still, we're well placed for another Grand Final tilt.

• Like 1

Was watching the HKR v Leigh game this morning and saw that Cas was losing 0-30 to Saints.

An updated score hadn’t been on for a while when the daughter walked in and said ‘just got a text from Adam - cousin from Cas - and he said the score finished forty thirty four!’.

I couldn’t contain myself thinking Cas might have achieved the biggest comeback since Lazarus.  So I said ‘did we win’.  Daughter looked puzzled and said slowly ‘four to thirty four!’.

Need to have the old hearing checked.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Josef K said:

Do Cas have a scored board ! I was down at the uncovered end but i couldn’t see one!!!!. Cas have a great choice of food inside the ground better than the rubbish served up at Saints. Saints could learn something off them. 
Luckily it didn’t rain and it was a pleasant evening. As for the match “Oooh ya cheating scouse bustards”, “you get away with everything” “we av got uz baks against uz wall against these cheating scouse bustards” “whose the bustard in the green”. 

Taking away the blatant cheating by Saints and the officials, Cas were really really bad. They had chances early on but Saints managed to keep them out with some last ditch tackling by the Ref to save us.
Saints then stepped up a gear and scored with ease. No Eden out wide, or Austin running the game wouldn’t have helped them, but i lost count the number of times Miller lost the ball, and some of Cas’s passing was horrendous.
Westerman never stopped all game trying to create something. The match sponsors gave Turner MoM, perhaps because of his try, but Saints attacked his side for most of the first half and strolled in. Percival was my MoM for Saints or the Ref, why you cheating scouse bustards. 
I do feel sorry for the Cas fans it can’t be easy at the moment. I signed their petition when i got home for the redevelopment of the stadium, i don’t know if my signature will do them any good or whether they have stopped the petition. But they did have plenty of leaflets in the bar on the ground. 

I feel sorry for them as well still having to wait 28 years for ground upgrade - and counting.

Saints are playing much more expansive rugby due to the injuries to their key forwards, Mbye is proving to be a difference in sharper ball distribution. Cas were awful first half, nothing much in it in the second half but the damage was already done. It will be interesting who will play and who will miss out on the run in after 5 straight wins with several regulars due to return.