Edinburgh?

45 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

I would settle for a 5 year plan if clubs could stick with it

Rugby League has this bad habit of ditching things if they aren't successful after 2 or 3 years instead of giving it a bit of time mature

Which clubs?

Are you referring to the RFL. That will never work, on their own, they just can't do it The organisation isn't big enough.

What i'm suggesting is that all BARLA and Welsh league clubs, in fact everybody, everyone, switches on to the benefits (and the absolute necessity) to grow the game, in their locality, not just sit on the status quo. 30 years ago, BARLA was a huge, active, thriving and growing organisation, now it looks as if they've chucked the towel in.

I think the snub, from the Sports Council (on who should control the game) caused them to ''spit the dummy out'' and just stop working on behalf of the amateur game. With a ''see how you get on without us'' middle finger to the RFL.

Well I think it's obvious that the RFL can't do it without the amateur clubs, actively involved in promoting the game. So I think it's  time to think again.

The RFL, the game can't do this (grow) without the assistance of everyone, yes everyone involved in the game from top to bottom putting their oar in.

So come on BARLA, (clubs and local league administrators) pull your socks up, it's game on.  

13 hours ago, fighting irish said:

Which clubs?

Are you referring to the RFL. That will never work, on their own, they just can't do it The organisation isn't big enough.

What i'm suggesting is that all BARLA and Welsh league clubs, in fact everybody, everyone, switches on to the benefits (and the absolute necessity) to grow the game, in their locality, not just sit on the status quo. 30 years ago, BARLA was a huge, active, thriving and growing organisation, now it looks as if they've chucked the towel in.

I think the snub, from the Sports Council (on who should control the game) caused them to ''spit the dummy out'' and just stop working on behalf of the amateur game. With a ''see how you get on without us'' middle finger to the RFL.

Well I think it's obvious that the RFL can't do it without the amateur clubs, actively involved in promoting the game. So I think it's  time to think again.

The RFL, the game can't do this (grow) without the assistance of everyone, yes everyone involved in the game from top to bottom putting their oar in.

So come on BARLA, (clubs and local league administrators) pull your socks up, it's game on.  

I was actually refers to things like the York 9's and the Anglo-French cup, which in my view were positive for the game not only here, but also in France.

• Like 1

In the current climate this ain’t happening, they have had great success in the NERL setup but I’m guessing cost is a factor here, hence playing in the Scottish setup. Best best and now Im really pushing the boat out, is a combined borders team could potentially, if the moon planet and stars line up and wind blows in the right direction, could give it a good shout. 
Firstly we need to our own league sorted first

1 hour ago, 2blackrooks said:

In the current climate this ain’t happening, they have had great success in the NERL setup but I’m guessing cost is a factor here, hence playing in the Scottish setup. Best best and now Im really pushing the boat out, is a combined borders team could potentially, if the moon planet and stars line up and wind blows in the right direction, could give it a good shout. 
Firstly we need to our own league sorted first

Are the Eagles no longer involved in the NERL set-up? Great to have the Scottish league back up and running, but I thought Edinburgh were playing in both.