v Keighley (A)

Raider83

1 hour ago, BarraFan said:

facing division 1 yes you can get amateurs like Jackson in but he’s not championship standard he’s an only get in when desperate like Carter 

Didn't Jackson join Barrow to help out when you were struggling with players? Negative comments like this are baffling to me when the lad could of stayed at his local club but instead took a chance and will of worked his a*se off for the good of his local semi-pro club!! Maybe players in future will decide against joining on dual-reg forms if they're going to be subjected to comments like this! 

Tough loss today but still fancy Barrow to pick up at least 2 wins to see them safe.

• Like 2

Today is the story of the season. I have said all along, as have others on here, we have been very lacklustre and devoid of attacking ideas. How many clean breaks have we made this season??? Probably count in one hand I think. !! I'm sorry but we are not good enough but hope I am proved very wrong as the last thing I want is relegation.  I could go on and on but driving myself to Drink

• Like 2

Without stating the obvious,the right edge left,both tee and Hakim,vast majority of last season's unpredictability and flair came from those two, unfortunately because of that they were near irreplaceable,you just don't find that level of player without big money,that's been one of if not the biggest factor,that and endless injuries 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ghost of uncle fester said:

Without stating the obvious,the right edge left,both tee and Hakim,vast majority of last season's unpredictability and flair came from those two, unfortunately because of that they were near irreplaceable,you just don't find that level of player without big money,that's been one of if not the biggest factor,that and endless injuries 

Tee Ritson hasn't been selected in Saints 18 for several weeks now. Bennison has been preferred. Tee is usually named in the 21, so I assume he's not injured and instead is sitting in the Stand twiddling his thumbs. Therefore given this scenario, I suggest that the Raiders recall the loan, give the lad a game and at the same time help the team he currently belongs to. All Clubs, especially Wigan, seem to have no problem in recalling their loanees at the drop of a hat. The very future of the Club might depend on us securing 2 wins out of the next 3 games to stay in the Championship.  I'd bet the farm that Tee would score 2 or 3 tries which could make all the difference between winning and losing, like he did last season. As has been rightly said, we have no one who can break through our opponents line. Our current flyer Shane Toal now has a head-injury so there is a good case to be made that we need the Choo Choo express  back for the final 3 games. Steve or Paul should get on the phone tomorrow. I'm not sure if Saints have decided to buy his Barrow contract for next season. Maybe, maybe not?

Edited by 2Cents
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2Cents said:

Tee Ritson hasn't been selected in Saints 18 for several weeks now. Bennison has been preferred. Tee is usually named in the 21, so I assume he's not injured and instead is sitting in the Stand twiddling his thumbs. Therefore given this scenario, I suggest that the Raiders recall the loan, give the lad a game and at the same time help the team he currently belongs to. All Clubs, especially Wigan, seem to have no problem in recalling their loanees at the drop of a hat. The very future of the Club might depend on us securing 2 wins out of the next 3 games to stay in the Championship.  I'd bet the farm that Tee would score 2 or 3 tries which could make all the difference between winning and losing, like he did last season. As has been rightly said, we have no one who can break through our opponents line. Our current flyer Shane Toal now has a head-injury so there is a good case to be made that we need the Choo Choo express  back for the final 3 games. I'm not sure if Saints have decided to buy his Barrow contract for next season. Maybe, maybe not?

Last I knew was sky sports reporting he had or was about to sign a permanent deal,so at a guess I'm assuming this has actually happened but hasn't officially been announced,if that is the case the club has or will benefit financially again as part of the original agreement,if saints want to announce it at a certain time I'm guessing barrow have to go along with it till as and when ,can't really think of any other logical reason,bar the rules we all know about if he's named in a 21

I was too angry to comment last night, but I have calmed down a bit this morning.

Another utterly abject performance, especially after having a 10 point lead at half time. Keighley are a poor side and have been on the receiving end of some total thrashings this year. If we cannot put sides like this away, then we really don't deserve to stay up.

The suggestion that we can make it all go away by beating Swinton is laughable. They ran York close yesterday and have repeatedly shown the sort of spirit and determination that we seem either unable or unwilling to match. This will be another very close game and I am certainly not confident of the victory we need. I have a horrible feeling that Swinton will just want it more. I really hope I am wrong.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Ulverstonian said:

No idea why people slagging Jackson off. He didn't even play today and has done nothing wrong when he has!!! Very strange

Rather have Jackson in at stand off than Sammut who has been very poor at best this season (hasn't looked interested considering the megabucks he's on).

• Like 4

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

8 hours ago, AJK66 said:

I was too angry to comment last night, but I have calmed down a bit this morning.

Another utterly abject performance, especially after having a 10 point lead at half time. Keighley are a poor side and have been on the receiving end of some total thrashings this year. If we cannot put sides like this away, then we really don't deserve to stay up.

The suggestion that we can make it all go away by beating Swinton is laughable. They ran York close yesterday and have repeatedly shown the sort of spirit and determination that we seem either unable or unwilling to match. This will be another very close game and I am certainly not confident of the victory we need. I have a horrible feeling that Swinton will just want it more. I really hope I am wrong.

Good points , Swinton imho are a much better side than Keighley, I don't think any York fan could have complained if they had won , Haven are the club with the hardest run in so are my tip to join Newcastle in league one

• Like 3

11 hours ago, AJK66 said:

So we have let in more points than Barrow but we've scored more points than Barrow. Not bad for a poor side that sit above you in the league table.

I bet at this point of the season you would have taken more thrashings and won more games. If we go down so be it. This will go down to the last game of the season.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mr Hicks said:

So we have let in more points than Barrow but we've scored more points than Barrow. Not bad for a poor side that sit above you in the league table.

I bet at this point of the season you would have taken more thrashings and won more games. If we go down so be it. This will go down to the last game of the season.

Oh absolutely. Nothing against Keighley at all, and they won the game fair and square and really deserve to stay up more than we do. It's that simple.

On paper, we should be doing a lot better and this is where my frustration and that of most Barrow fans comes from. And I would certainly have accepted being thrashed 100 nil by Fev and Toulouse if we could have nicked points from the other games such as Swinton away, Haven at home and the daft draw with Newcastle.

Had some great visits to Lawkholme Lane over the years and it would be great if we both stay up. I think we will lose to Swinton and then it would come down to whether we can beat Newcastle away. I really doubt we can manage even that at the moment. My hope is that Haven will not win another game, we somehow blag something and manage to scrape enough together to stay up.

Good luck over the last few games anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bruner said:

how do you no how much money hes on

I'm not really sure that it is a question of money. Sammut will certainly be on more than Jackson at any rate. Morty's point, as I read it, is that Sammut has just not performed this year at all for whatever reason. Personifies the team as a whole really.

12 hours ago, AJK66 said:

Oh absolutely. Nothing against Keighley at all, and they won the game fair and square and really deserve to stay up more than we do. It's that simple.

Good luck over the last few games anyway.

Just thought your comments on Keighley being a poor side was a bit harsh. Were not a poor side we just need a couple of good halfs which we started the season with and dont have any to mean anything.

I like a trip upto Barrow and wish you well. Like I said I think this will go to the last game of the season. I just hope we stay up because the division below is verging on Mickey Mouse league. The travel and the hammerings a good team hand out isn't something I look forward to 

• Like 3

OFF-LOADS.

So many opponents forwards, have numerous off-loads per game against us.

London Bronco's must have had 10 - 15 which extended each tackle significantly.

In comparison, we have few and far between.

Tom Wilkinson backs into the tackle and he's looking for someone to pass to, but there's no one there.

Greg Burke is a good ball-handler and he's strong enough to hand-off the ball whilst still on his feet.

When a forward is tackled, it ties-up 2, 3 or 4 opponents, leaving huge gaps if the ball is off-loaded.

You'd think the dummy-half (Josh Wood) or one of the 2 halves would follow each forward closely.

Maybe Cresta is coaching this, but I don't see much evidence of it.

Edited by 2Cents