Supporters' Player of the Year

shrewsbury roughyed

Voting open for Supporters' Player of the Year | Oldham RLFC (roughyeds.co.uk)

Suggestions?

My initial thinking earlier in the season was Jordan Paga for his immense effort and motivation, but his 4 match ban and a tendency to go it alone on occasion has eased him aside. Martyn Ridyard has been crucial to pretty much anything we've done well. The hookers have played a part, as has Carr. But I'm now leaning towards George Hirst for improvement throughout the season and a 100% effort; Josh Johnson has been consistently strong and good - but my vote would probably go to Pat Moran, who has not taken a backward step all year and on occasion (e.g. against Doncaster last weekend) been the only player to come out with credit. A very strong, aggressive, consistent, motivated and effective performer.

• Like 1

You could make an argument for all 7 of those and probably add Pat Ah Van and Nelmes too 😁. But can only pick one and as Morgan and Johnson came in a fair way through the season I'm leaning towards Riddy atm, but still a bit undecided. 

• Like 1

Agree re Paga, Ridy has been on and off this season, Hirst has improved massively and should definitely win most improved if there is such an award. JJ has only played 5 games? And unsure on Moran, he is passive defensively sometimes. Ah Van started the season up there but seems to have gone quiet in the second half of the season. Nelmo has been miles better this season than he was last year. Whittel has to have been one of our most consistent again this season, he definitely was last season. He does a lot of the effort based things that often gets looked over, puts in a lot of minutes, especially for a middle and is always top of the stats in terms of carries, tackles and push. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Jimmy DoNut said:

Very poor article and think the lads winning the awards deserve much more credit and the headline of Jordan Paga is very poor when in my opinion the coaches and players player of the year awards are the best awards. In previous years family and friends votes tend to alter who wins that award. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ManchesterYed said:

Very poor article and think the lads winning the awards deserve much more credit and the headline of Jordan Paga is very poor when in my opinion the coaches and players player of the year awards are the best awards. In previous years family and friends votes tend to alter who wins that award. 

Totally agree.

Edited by herbie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1