Little steps for new pacific frontier with tour to Qld coming up

1 minute ago, JM2010 said:

Are there any in the NRL currently who would make the French side or is this a work in progress to open up a new player market?

No. It wouldn't be much of a market. There are only 270K people and they would all be eligible to play RU in France so money-wise, they have options. Dimitri Pelo was the only one but I think he grew up in OZ.

9 minutes ago, JM2010 said:

Are there any in the NRL currently who would make the French side or is this a work in progress to open up a new player market?

Work in progress side but I’m sure there’s some heritage players in the 2nd tier comps and junior comps.

6 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

No. It wouldn't be much of a market. There are only 270K people and they would all be eligible to play RU in France so money-wise, they have options. Dimitri Pelo was the only one but I think he grew up in OZ.

Bigger than Tonga and Samoa.

Aren’t Vanuatu also part of this experiment?

vanuatu has a population nearing 350k.

3 minutes ago, Bamboozle said:

Work in progress side but I’m sure there’s some heritage players in the 2nd tier comps and junior comps.

If there were any good heritage players from New Caledonia they would probably already be playing for France, since France would be their country of heritage. New Caledonia isn't a country.

5 minutes ago, Bamboozle said:

Bigger than Tonga and Samoa.

Aren’t Vanuatu also part of this experiment?

vanuatu has a population nearing 350k.

I don't know. Vanuatua already has or had a national team so I don't know why they would be be in a joint nations team.

8 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

If there were any good heritage players from New Caledonia they would probably already be playing for France, since France would be their country of heritage. New Caledonia isn't a country.

I don't know. Vanuatua already has or had a national team so I don't know why they would be be in a joint nations team.

True but there’s also the NSW&queensland junior competitions.

https://www.facci.com.au/news/n/news/welcome-to-our-new-corporate-member-pacifique-treize-rugby-league.htmlI