Elite 1 Round 6

3 hours ago, Gomersall said:

Fabre and Pedrero with absolutely stellar games. Pedrero 3 Tries and Fabre 2 Try Assists and 1 Try. I was also really impressed with the young front rower Mathias Leveille, he was superb.

Heavily Officiated game, but Villeneuve were really poor in defence at times, though they did hold them out for the first 30 minutes of 2nd half which is impressive.

Baptiste Fabre does look a very good talent, he’s currently playing for The Brisbane tigers in the QLD cup, but he isn’t getting much game time unfortunately just because of how good the Brisbane tigers are.
I’m sure he will be a regular next season though with Corey Thompson and others moving on, Though he is easily good enough to be a top player in the QLD cup/Championship. Might be a target for some super league teams aswell but we will see. 

Edited by NRLandSL
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, barnyia said:

Baptiste left during the season and plays for Tully tigers. Crespo the ref likes a penalty, big problem over here is that rules are rules and refs like to be seen. 

do you know if he has fully left brisbane or will he be back next season.

looks like he was doing pretty well for Tully he scored 6 tries in about 10 from 6.

Edited by NRLandSL

Decent performance by the juniors too.

Disappointing crowd though for the main game with loads of empty places in the stand. Maybe The Leopards didn’t provide any ‘wow’ factor ?

Jack Cook will be back for the away trip to SOA followed by two more away games, weird match planning !

12 minutes ago, oiseau said:

Disappointing crowd though for the main game with loads of empty places in the stand. Maybe The Leopards didn’t provide any ‘wow’ factor ?

Jack Cook will be back for the away trip to SOA followed by two more away games, weird match planning !

Was it the stream quality or was it chucking it down throughout the game?

1 hour ago, NRLandSL said:

do you know if he has fully left brisbane or will he be back next season.

looks like he was doing pretty well for Tully he scored 6 tries in about 10 from 6.

He was in the nominations for the player of the season in his division, alongside Ben barba and other ex NRL players ! 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, NRLandSL said:

France are versing Kenya ?. do you have the full squad.

First I’ve heard of that too. France will put three figures past Kenya without breaking sweat. A quick search doesn’t have anything on this game.

Edited by Gomersall
  • Like 1

They've announced a 30 man young squad, Lézignan have Luc brocas and Jordan Flovie, limoux have announced their 5 players so have Albi, they will cut the squad to 20 for the two games early December. The games will be played in Kenya 

Edited by barnyia
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, barnyia said:

They've announced a 30 man young squad, Lézignan have Luc brocas and Jordan Flovie, limoux have announced their 5 players so have Albi, they will cut the squad to 20 for the two games early December. The games will be played in Kenya 

Wow pretty incredible.

4 hours ago, oiseau said:

Gone are the days when Ellis was touting VSL for League 1 in England.

1 hour ago, barnyia said:

I follow Albi on X and they haven’t put anything on there. I will check their FB account.

1 hour ago, barnyia said:

I’m surprised France can afford to send a squad and officials to Kenya.

5 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

I follow Albi on X and they haven’t put anything on there. I will check their FB account.

It’s there. Sorry for doubting you barnyia. Due to be played Friday 1st December. I don’t see what France will take from this other than actually playing. Several thousand euros for the privilege of trouncing Kenya doesn’t seem like a good use of resources to me. They may as well play the Netherlands. Far cheaper and probably more of a challenge. No disrespect to Kenya.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, barnyia said:

Limoux and Albi FB only say “the match”  🤷🏼