Change of rule

phildog

It appears that there is a rule change on 6 agains; if it is conceded within the 40 metre area a 'substantive' penalty will be awarded instead. I assume that means a kickable penalty?

If you read the article on Yorkshire Live it states Super League, also from the same source it also give the RL cup rounds including the leading amateurs in round 1 and 2. 

I read it elsewhere Roger, Rugby League Live I believe. Their article said nothing about amateurs, only 13 Championship (no Toulouse) and 8 Division 1 teams, making 7 x 3 team round robins.

43 minutes ago, phildog said:

I read it elsewhere Roger, Rugby League Live I believe. Their article said nothing about amateurs, only 13 Championship (no Toulouse) and 8 Division 1 teams, making 7 x 3 team round robins.

That is for the 1895 Cup - the 7 group winners plus the best runner up then go through to the quarter finals.

I've not seen anything suggesting a change to the Challenge Cup next year. Amateur clubs still in that as far as I am aware.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, RogerT said:

If you read the article on Yorkshire Live it states Super League, also from the same source it also give the RL cup rounds including the leading amateurs in round 1 and 2. 

AND

Championship and League 1 clubs will then join the competition in round three, SL in round 6 along side 4 0f us mere mortals who are still in it

• Like 1

10 hours ago, phildog said:

Ah!! But wasn't it also mentioned about early rounds of the CC being fitted in from the usual February 1st weekend upto the mid-March new start?

Yes, the earlier rounds of the CC are being played earlier this year. But I think the final is earlier too, so every round has been brought forwards.

Going back to the original point; I misunderstood the position in which the penalty will be awarded. It's only if the offence takes place inside the 40 of the side in possession and not inside the 40 of tge defending side.

The 18th man's involvement also changes, he can be used if 2 team-mates are rendered out of action from incidents of foul play AND if an opponent has been sent off or sin-binned, if I've read that right!

1 hour ago, phildog said:

Going back to the original point; I misunderstood the position in which the penalty will be awarded. It's only if the offence takes place inside the 40 of the side in possession and not inside the 40 of tge defending side.

The 18th man's involvement also changes, he can be used if 2 team-mates are rendered out of action from incidents of foul play AND if an opponent has been sent off or sin-binned, if I've read that right!

Actually P a team will concede a regulatory penalty, rather than a six again, for any offence that takes place in the opposition's own 40-metre area. As an example, if a defender is too slow at releasing a player when the attacking team is within 40 metres of their own try line, a penalty shall be called, rather than a six again, as has been the case in recent years. Set restarts will be given in the remaining area of the field.