Fergie

NickD

Wowser's...didnt see that coming so quickly.  Wonder what's gone on there?   Obvious to me something wasn't right but didn't thing anyone would go so soon....Let's see how Paul March goes.  I suspect his style of man management is a tad different to Ned Kelly's and Liam Finns and am expecting some changes ....and a few players to disappear but lets see..

Posted (edited)

From the little I have seen of Paul March, he says the right things. Quite different to how I remember him from his playing days. Our points scored has certainly improved since he joined.

He's got his work cut out for sure, but he's got the job to the end of the season with little expectation. 

He's got plenty of experience as an Assistant Coach, so he's that experience to draw on. 

Thanks to Dale Ferguson for having a crack, it was always a massive ask to take on the job and for having the integrity to resign when it wasn't working. Great players don't become great coaches overnight, but it's a brave decision to take. Hopefully he can find an Assistant Coach role which will give him the chance to learn the ropes in a less pressure cooker environment. 

Edited by Wakefield Ram
  • Like 1

The article on the website seems to hint that he'll be carrying on / coming back as a player ...... I sincerely hope that's with the Rams and he can bring his wealth of experience and the go-forward we've missed from him as a player .... he's just the sort of player we need and if Marchy can attract more proven Championship players to the club and reduce our reliance on sharing with the Giants, then so much the better.

Good luck Fergie where ever you end up and glad your health worries are a thing of the past !!

• Like 3

Fair play to Dale for giving it a crack and making a decision quickly on his future.

Good luck to March and hopefully he can turn things around…

• Like 2
rambo.gif

59 minutes ago, Therein73 said:

The article on the website seems to hint that he'll be carrying on / coming back as a player ...... I sincerely hope that's with the Rams and he can bring his wealth of experience and the go-forward we've missed from him as a player .... he's just the sort of player we need and if Marchy can attract more proven Championship players to the club and reduce our reliance on sharing with the Giants, then so much the better.

Good luck Fergie where ever you end up and glad your health worries are a thing of the past !!

If he comes back that will be a massive boost for the team🤞

• Like 2

I understand he has personal/work commitments that he has to prioritise and cannot dedicate the time required for his coaching. He does still want to play.

I guess if we’d won a few it might have looked different to him but at our level the guys have to keep ‘real life’ as number 1.

Thank you Fergie

• Like 4

14 hours ago, RugbyPowelly said:

I understand he has personal/work commitments that he has to prioritise and cannot dedicate the time required for his coaching. He does still want to play.

I guess if we’d won a few it might have looked different to him but at our level the guys have to keep ‘real life’ as number 1.

Thank you Fergie

I remember talking to Warren Jowitt about his time as coach when he was running his own business. He said it ended up Rams coach being almost a full-time job and his business becoming part-time. 

• Like 1

I admire Dale for realising it wasn’t going the way he had hoped and allowing the club to appoint someone else, with the hope of improving our situation. 

• Like 6
Legs, Dews, Legs.