Giants Dual Reg Agreement

Rambo

6 hours ago, Rambo said:

Nice to see our dual registration deal with the Giants paying dividends with Aidan McGowan signing on a season long loan deal (with the Bulls). 🧐

I heard theirs quite a big loan fee involved in the deal,that’s why Batley didn’t get him back. Plus do we need another fullback?

Edited by graham fisher
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, graham fisher said:

I heard theirs quite a big loan fee involved in the deal,that’s why Batley didn’t get him back. Plus do we need another fullback?

I’m sure we’d of found a spot for him somewhere.

So presuming we only get Dual reg players from the Gisnts when there is no loan fee involved?

I can’t see what the problem was with the old loan system tbh.

We’ve had deals with Hull KR, Wakefield and now Huddersfield over the last decade or so and I can’t really say any of them have been worthwhile.

I’m not sure how good the lads are that we’ve signed from the amateur scene are, but at least it feels a though they are our players and hopefully will have a point to prove and some pride in the shirt.

Edited by Rambo
  • Like 2
rambo.gif

On 18/12/2023 at 23:07, Rambo said:

Nice to see our dual registration deal with the Giants paying dividends with Aidan McGowan signing on a season long loan deal (with the Bulls). 🧐

Dual reg and season long loans are quite different. McGowan is a special case I believe with, allegedly, a couple of SL clubs looking to get him on loan or as a permanent transfer. As Graham has said the loan arrangement won't be cheap.

If we could manage without loans or DR I would also prefer it but the realities of finance within RL nowadays mean that few clubs at our level can turn their backs on such opportunities. Let's see what benefit we might get from the system closer to the season beginning.

• Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.