2024 The Fourth Year Of The Decade Does The Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs Formula Continue?

All I know is it's the 4th year of the decade and every 4th year of the decade since 1974 has gone this way 1974 Bulldogs lose the grand final, 1984 Bulldogs win the grand final, 1994 Bulldogs lose the grand final, 2004 Bulldogs win the grand final, 2014 Bulldogs lose the Grand final, 2024 Bulldogs win the grand final, If that formula is correct???????

Edited by R L Winger

St-George-Dragons-2024.jpg

On 31/12/2023 at 05:30, Anita Bath said:

How come you didnt mention 44, 54 and 64😊

1944 - there was no Grand Final, the season finished with a Final the result was, Balmain Tigers 19 defeated Newtown Blue Bags 16

1954 - was the first year where there was a mandatory Grand Final to decide the premier for that year and the result was South Sydney Rabbitohs 23 defeated Newtown Blue Bags 15

1964 - Grand Final result St George Dragons 11 defeated Balmain Tigers 6 in the Dragans 9th grand final win in a row out of their 11 straight grand final wins between 1956 to 1966

14 hours ago, R L Winger said:

1944 - there was no Grand Final, the season finished with a Final the result was, Balmain Tigers 19 defeated Newtown Blue Bags 16

1954 - was the first year where there was a mandatory Grand Final to decide the premier for that year and the result was South Sydney Rabbitohs 23 defeated Newtown Blue Bags 15

1964 - Grand Final result St George Dragons 11 defeated Balmain Tigers 6 in the Dragans 9th grand final win in a row out of their 11 straight grand final wins between 1956 to 1966

I was meaning the Berries final position in those seasons….two wooden spoons and a three of bottom I think.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

I was meaning the Berries final position in those seasons….two wooden spoons and a three of bottom I think.

This story starts at 1974 and in my thinking will come to an end in 2024......But hey stranger things have happened.....It just may continue....Cue the Twilight Zone music.🔊🎼📯🎻🎸🪗🎼🎼🎼🎼

On 30/12/2023 at 11:18, R L Winger said:

All I know is it's the 4th year of the decade and every 4th year of the decade since 1974 has gone this way 1974 Bulldogs lose the grand final, 1984 Bulldogs win the grand final, 1994 Bulldogs lose the grand final, 2004 Bulldogs win the grand final, 2014 Bulldogs lose the Grand final, 2024 Bulldogs win the grand final, If that formula is correct???????

Well it will take a miracle but why not.

7 hours ago, Spotty Herbert said:

More likely to win the wooden spoon than the grand final.

7 hours ago, Midlands hobo said:

Well it will take a miracle but why not.

I got to agree on both points

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/01/2024 at 02:08, JimBronco said:

Current odds:

Doggies are...

40/1 to win GF.

To reach the GF 20/1. 

Top 4 finish 7/1

Top 8 finish 5/2

With those odds it don't look good to continue