NRL Pre Season

Newcastle 44-18 Sharks

Roosters 36-22 Manly

Will Pryce Staring for Newcastle, a phenomenal try and assist.

Dom Young a try on Debut and Bailey Hodgson got a go starting at fullback for Manly.

Edited by NRLandSL

Will Pryce getting some game time and looking comfortable from the highlights. Scored a try and set up another with a nice kick.

not sure how many of the English newbies played in this weekends games. Don’t think Smithies played, or KPP.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Only downside from today was Young being taken to hospital for precautionary scans after a crusher tackle.

• Sad 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

15 hours ago, Dunbar said:

Only downside from today was Young being taken to hospital for precautionary scans after a crusher tackle.

I was there, horrible tackle from Sipley. Shocked he wasn’t sent off or at least sin binned. Looks to be getting a 3-5 week ban though.

I think Young should be fine for Vegas, nasty tackle but every thing is okay from what I hear.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, EastLondonMike said:

Will Pryce getting some game time and looking comfortable from the highlights. Scored a try and set up another with a nice kick.

not sure how many of the English newbies played in this weekends games. Don’t think Smithies played, or KPP.

I assume KPP is still recovering from surgery. Canberra left out pretty much the whole first team which is probably why Smithies didn’t play.

Also have to say that Pryce surprised me.   Seems to have the confidence as well as the desire to make a go of it in the NRL.   Looking forward to seeing how he goes this season if he can keep his place early.  

I also just love that view of the open end of the Central Coast Stadium with the palm trees and the Pacific.   I don't go to Australia these days, but if I did that would be my No.1 place to catch a game.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NRLandSL said:

KPP, Smithies, Alex Young and Aiden Doolan all going to be playing this weekend.

Doolan is getting time in the proper Souths pre-season game?   Or with the under-21s?

He must really have impressed on his trial if he's been selected for the first team.

25 minutes ago, Fly-By-TheWire said:

Doolan is getting time in the proper Souths pre-season game?   Or with the under-21s?

He must really have impressed on his trial if he's been selected for the first team.

The full first team squad are heading to Vegas so it will be second string plus a few.  Not to downplay Doolan getting a chance, just saying.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

10 hours ago, NRLandSL said:

KPP, Smithies, Alex Young and Aiden Doolan all going to be playing this weekend.

Who’s Aiden Doolan?

Just googled him. Hopefully he breaks through into the NRL

Edited by JM2010