Last Saturday Oldham St Annes played Rochdale Mayfield in the Semi Final of the Oldham Standard Cup. It turned out to be a good pre season run out for both teams.

What has subsequentley been interesting was that the referee on the day was sporting a Ref Camera. The match could then be watched later on You Tube. It made for a very interesting re watch. It just went to show what a difficult job a referee has. Having said that he had a good game in my opinion. 

The interesting question is should all referees have this. What do others think about this ? 

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

On 19/02/2024 at 16:05, Big Doug said:

Last Saturday Oldham St Annes played Rochdale Mayfield in the Semi Final of the Oldham Standard Cup. It turned out to be a good pre season run out for both teams.

What has subsequentley been interesting was that the referee on the day was sporting a Ref Camera. The match could then be watched later on You Tube. It made for a very interesting re watch. It just went to show what a difficult job a referee has. Having said that he had a good game in my opinion. 

The interesting question is should all referees have this. What do others think about this ? 

The aim is for all matches in the Community game to be covered. There are 200 head cams available which have been distributed to ref societies for use.The RFL have promised that if refs do not use them when available they face consequences.

In NCL games last year a quarter of games  ( NCL had 6 cams ) were covered. Ref abuse and foul language was reduced by 30%. Crowd behaviour was also monitored.

11 hours ago, del capo said:

The aim is for all matches in the Community game to be covered. There are 200 head cams available which have been distributed to ref societies for use.The RFL have promised that if refs do not use them when available they face consequences.

In NCL games last year a quarter of games  ( NCL had 6 cams ) were covered. Ref abuse and foul language was reduced by 30%. Crowd behaviour was also monitored.

I hope it's also used as a self-learning tool for the officials as well as to monitor player/spectator behaviours.

Some could use it to see how they speak to players never mind how players speak to them.

17 hours ago, Neutralfan7 said:

I hope it's also used as a self-learning tool for the officials as well as to monitor player/spectator behaviours.

Some could use it to see how they speak to players never mind how players speak to them.

It serves both those purposes as well. Every piece of coverage is lodged with the Referees Department and available to support or refute any complaint raised by clubs about their appointed officials. The sound quality is good.....

1 hour ago, del capo said:

It serves both those purposes as well. Every piece of coverage is lodged with the Referees Department and available to support or refute any complaint raised by clubs about their appointed officials. The sound quality is good.....

Didn't realise that mate, great stuff 👍

4 hours ago, del capo said:

Every piece of coverage is lodged with the Referees Department and available to support or refute any complaint raised by clubs about their appointed officials. 

A ref who is currently in the ncl told me they only submit any footage that may be required for discipline purposes

On 22/02/2024 at 20:16, Impartial Observer said:

A ref who is currently in the ncl told me they only submit any footage that may be required for discipline purposes

Complaints against match officials becomes a disciplinary issue.

• Confused 1