NRL to buy Super League?

Somebody floats this notion every now and then.

Usually somebody who thinks making RL massive in the UK would be a walk in the park.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

While a NewCorp media beat up , it allows flights of fancy such as the linked article.

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/how-super-league-will-look-if-nrl-bought-it-after-recent-talk-88394/

That said, I would not be unhappy if any NRL club bought or entered into partnership with the London Broncos...

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

• 2 weeks later...

NRL chief Andrew Abdo openly spoke about the Australian Rugby League Commission (ARLC) taking a stake in Super League.

Now Gould, who is the General Manager of NRL side Canterbury Bulldogs, has welcomed the idea.

“There was talk last week of the NRL purchasing the UK Super League which I think is a great idea,” Gould said on the Six Tackles with Gus podcast.

“I recommended this four or five years ago because it’s a perfect gap between us and the US and I have no doubt that we will see a World Club Challenge in Vegas as part of a season-opening weekend

21 hours ago, Graham said:

NRL chief Andrew Abdo openly spoke about the Australian Rugby League Commission (ARLC) taking a stake in Super League.

Now Gould, who is the General Manager of NRL side Canterbury Bulldogs, has welcomed the idea.

“There was talk last week of the NRL purchasing the UK Super League which I think is a great idea,” Gould said on the Six Tackles with Gus podcast.

“I recommended this four or five years ago because it’s a perfect gap between us and the US and I have no doubt that we will see a World Club Challenge in Vegas as part of a season-opening weekend

They would probably be better off buying the French competition, and it would be cheaper than Super League, and the potential for Rugby League in France is huge, as we haven't even scratched the surface there yet.