Expansion to Perth not PNG and a two Conference NRL

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Great idea Nick…..you and your sydney friends never leave town and play in front of those massive crowds that attend sydney games  while the rest do all the long distance travelling every other week. Revenue will go through the roof he says. That roof must be on a daschunds kennel.

Manly v Cantebury 13,000,  Manly v Penrith 10,000, Roosters v Manly 12,000, Manly v Cronulla 10,000, St George v Wests 7000,  Cronulla v Manly 10,000……..and on and on.

Non sydney teams made up 7 of the top 9 teams in terms of average crowds and 5 of the 6 teams averaging over 20,000 per game.

The bottom 8 clubs in terms of average home attendance were all sydney based bar one (canberra) and included three peat champions penrith. Those 7 sydney teams average 111,000 per game between them. The four Queensland teams averaged just short of 100,000 per game between them.

Maybe we could adopt the Politis plan and call the sydney conference the NSWRL…back to the future.

In no particular order by 2050 teams in  Perth WA, Adelaide SA, Central Coast NSW, North Sydney Bears NSW, Coffs Harbour NSW, Dubbo Western NSW, Ipswitch Central QLD, Rockhampton QLD, Darwin NT, South Island NZ, Port Morsby PNG, Suva Fiji, Noumea New Caledonia, have to be added with a 2 or even 3 division competition. After 2050 to 2124 depending on the speed of flight by then, Hawaii USA, Los Angeles USA, New York USA, Las Vegas USA, Miami USA, London UK, Manchester UK, Paris France, Rome Italy Berlin Germany, Pretoria South Africa, Moscow Russia, need to be added too. 

Edited by R L Winger
  • Haha 1

St-George-Dragons-2024.jpg

On 29/02/2024 at 05:33, R L Winger said:

In no particular order by 2050 teams in  Perth WA, Adelaide SA, Central Coast NSW, North Sydney Bears NSW, Coffs Harbour NSW, Dubbo Western NSW, Ipswitch Central QLD, Rockhampton QLD, Darwin NT, South Island NZ, Port Morsby PNG, Suva Fiji, Noumea New Caledonia, have to be added with a 2 or even 3 division competition. After 2050 to 2124 depending on the speed of flight by then, Hawaii USA, Los Angeles USA, New York USA, Las Vegas USA, Miami USA, London UK, Manchester UK, Paris France, Rome Italy Berlin Germany, Pretoria South Africa, Moscow Russia, need to be added too. 

You must halve been distracted there as you forgot to include Featherstone (Rovers). No apology is needed.

• Haha 3

If we assume a 20 team league is likely in the next few years, I would hope Perth and NZ2 would be "must haves". I like the idea of PNG or a Pacific Islands team, but would either be realistic? Where in the priorities would Central Queensland, Central Coast NSW and Melbourne 2 be?

• Like 1

Central Queensland unlikely. Would need a stadium upgrade and has less than half the population of Townsville. Gosford has-the same population as Townsville and an NRL size stadium.

I suspect size of the market will trump regional coverage in expansion policy.

8 hours ago, Spotty Herbert said:

Following the success of Vegas, is this where the Bears franchise goes? Half their games in Vegas, half on the Central Coast?

What no games at the iconic NSO?

8 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

What no games at the iconic NSO?

Maybe one? The Sea Eagles might draw a reasonable crowd, or Uncle Nick might want his Roosters to play there to avoid travel.

• Haha 1

On 04/03/2024 at 21:19, Graham said:

You must halve been distracted there as you forgot to include Featherstone (Rovers). No apology is needed.

I did too, I also forgot South Grafton Rebels & Harbord United Devils too, I must be getting a bit forgetful as the years tick by....CUE....Time by Pink Floyd.

Edited by R L Winger

St-George-Dragons-2024.jpg