Match thread: Challenge Cup 6th round. Leigh Leopards v Featherstone Rovers. Saturday 23rd March 2024. 2.00pm

12 hours ago, RobLambert said:

5 it is then.  Can it be more ?  To be fair it was bad so I was fearing more like 6-8...

Grade E is a 4-6 recommendation but can be increased (or decreased) if the panel agree circumstances demand an out of guidelines sentence. 

16 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Grade E is a 4-6 recommendation but can be increased (or decreased) if the panel agree circumstances demand an out of guidelines sentence. 

I'm sure you are right on this on reflection. I had checked via the RFL website (more fool me) and found this
https://www.rugby-league.com/match-review-panel
 which says 3-5 matches for Grade E, but I'm pretty sure that's an old version of the guidelines that they haven't bothered to update. Who knew that the RFL website could be unreliable?

The amendments to sentencing guidelines for 2023 

GRADE  NORMAL SUSPENSION RANGE       PREVIOUS SUSPENSION RANGE  

A       0 – Fine                                                          0 – 1  

B        Fine - 1                                                          1 – 2  

C        1-2(and fine)                                                  2 – 3

D        2-3(and fine)                                                  3 – 5  

E        4-6(and fine)                                                   4 – 8  

F        6+ or period suspension (and fine)                 8+ or period suspension