Richard Horne outlines Doncaster’s ambitions on long-awaited Championship return

DONCASTER coach Richard Horne believes his newly-promoted team have a lot to offer the Championship after a long wait to get there. IT’S been a...

View the full article

Rugby League World magazine is published every month, available on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @rlworld / Instagram @rlworld / Threads @rlworld
Like us on Facebook - facebook.com/rugbyleagueworld

The Union club only averaged 1,886 this season and they’re supposedly a top championship club looking to get into the top flight. I feel sure Donny RL could better that after a couple of good seasons in the championship. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

The Union club only averaged 1,886 this season and they’re supposedly a top championship club looking to get into the top flight. I feel sure Donny RL could better that after a couple of good seasons in the championship. 

On the what Club would you invest in thread Donny was on my original list. They've got the stadium, a history and a successful Doncaster would get decent support. I for one am looking forward to going there this season.

Edited by Mumby Magic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

This is so positive for someone like myself who was born in the holy city of Doncaster and first came across Rugby League with the Dons.

There is a lot of latent potential support there, with the game very much rooted to the North of Donny and it so good to see positive relationships, and growth over the years rather than the boom bust when they were in the Big League (for one miserable season).

A few more years consistently building in the Championship, crowds of 2,000 then 3-4,000. Derby games with Trinity, Fev and those newcomers in Sheffield, could be great days ahead.

Hopefully will see a few games this season.......

• Like 3