Themed Fixtures or Rounds

On 23/03/2024 at 09:52, sam4731 said:

For me it's a retro weekend. All teams playing in a kit from a successful season. Maybe that celebrates a significant anniversary too.

I'd have it as the kit the teams played in when they contested their first ever match.

Sadly, the boring, monochrome all sky blue, all black, all dark grey kits mean there's not much colour on the fields these days.

12 minutes ago, meast said:

Sadly, the boring, monochrome all sky blue, all black, all dark grey kits mean there's not much colour on the fields these days.

Firstly... what??? Have you got your tv set to black and white?

Secondly - "these days" 😂

1 hour ago, MZH said:

I really like that actually. You can make it a "grassroots" or "community" round to shine a light on the great work the community clubs do. The socks can be a part of that.

I've seen this done, and the local / original clubs had a juniors tournament in the pre-match and carried their flags on a lap of honour at half-time. Everyone seemed happy with it.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, M j M said:

Firstly... what??? Have you got your tv set to black and white?

Secondly - "these days" 😂

Say what you like, there's definitely a preponderance of predominantly black kits around.

Presumably the replicas sell well.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"