HORNETS UNVEIL ONE-OFF KIT AHEAD OF SUPERHERO DAY FIXTURE

HORNETS UNVEIL ONE-OFF KIT AHEAD OF SUPERHERO DAY FIXTURE

5782.jpg

Rochdale Hornets have unveiled a special, one-off kit which will be worn this Sunday when they host Cornwall in the club’s first-ever Superhero Day fixture.

The superhero-themed kit is now available to pre-order via the club’s official kit supplier Supro Sport.

Superhero Day is a new themed event for rugby league, and the Hornets will embrace the superhero world in and around the stadium leading up to the match, with plenty of initiatives for the whole family.

Supporters are encouraged to embrace the day and get involved, with prizes to be awarded for the best fancy dress on display at the Crown Oil Arena. 

The Hornets will also be holding superhero-themed activities on the day of the game in their newly-launched kids area, Hooper’s Hive.

Under 16s can take advantage of free admission to the Round 8 fixture, while adult tickets are priced at just £10.

After the fixture itself, a Bingo Night and Play Your Cards Right, hosted by the All Hornets Supporters Association, will be held at the stadium.

Speaking ahead of the Hornets’ Superhero Day, general manager Matt Rigby said: “Superhero Day isn't just about capes and masks; it's about embracing the heroic spirit within all of us. 

“We're thrilled to pioneer this ground-breaking event in the sport, where fans of all ages can unleash their inner superhero. From thrilling competitions to interactive exhibits, Superhero Day is more than just a game; it's a rallying cry for our community to come together, celebrate their strength and make a positive impact. 

“We believe in the power of sport to unite and inspire, and Superhero Day is our way of engaging with the community on a whole new level, like never before."

Several of the Hornets' first team players joined club photographer Jackie Meredith to model the kits on Thursday night, with the superhero-inspired attire set to make its on-field debut this weekend. 

How to buy your superhero kit

Ns1mqemYaHhGMrLkrSN3ISShwqzclxwGenrBjhx6S0HuD_twNo-YO9MXl3yvH4L7IgtHJ0qcbBKZZ6Nf7wRu35KNj9GxZSsMUkaTxzEZ823YLRJenQVEaCEFgVqg3Z14MciLGmo1GwoAusBUdtL0Wig

We are pleased to confirm that our new superhero-inspired kit is now available to pre-order.

Size information and prices are as follows:

• 22-24” & 26-28”: £30
  • 30-32”: £45
  • 34-36” through to 58-60”: £50

Supporters can also get their hands on a 20% SUPROHERO SAVING, available on all pre-orders until 9am on Tuesday 7 May. 

Pre-orders will be dispatched W/C 20th May. 

Join us on Sunday 5 May as we celebrate our Superhero Day against Cornwall - adult tickets cost £10, and kids go FREE!

5779.jpg

Posted (edited)

Not a great game today. It wasn’t helped by an over officious referee who liked the sound of his own whistle a bit too much. Cornwall never gave up but the a loss of a player red carded on the half hour mark made it into an up hill struggle for them. Hornets did enough to win comfortably after that incident without looking to be anywhere near top form. We were ok with ball in hand but made too many soft mistakes gifting Cornwall a couple of tries.

The Super Heroes day looked to be a great success with many people turning up in fancy dress. Well done to all who took part.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

I doubt that Oldham will concede 24 points (away) against Cornwall in 2 weeks!  Other than the bottom placed 2 clubs, we have the highest against total, conceding 30+ points.  I worry about the future of Newcastle and Cornwall, and League 1.

2 hours ago, glemiln said:

I doubt that Oldham will concede 24 points (away) against Cornwall in 2 weeks!  Other than the bottom placed 2 clubs, we have the highest against total, conceding 30+ points.  I worry about the future of Newcastle and Cornwall, and League 1.

I don’t think Cornwall will be a push over on their home ground. They never gave up today and some of their players were a handful. Whilst it was 13 v 13 it was a bit of an arm wrestle.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, glemiln said:

4th place in the league now and also got the third highest points scored in the  league with only Oldham and Keighley scoring more. A scrappy performance yesterday but its coming together nicely ! I just hope the injury bug stays away 😀 

• Like 1

Didn't think we played well yesterday, a lot of mistakes and unforced errors that made our game really disjointed and looked like we couldn't get going. The red card was a turning point because before that it was a 50/50 game and scoring three tries in the last 10 gave us breathing space. The second half started to spread the ball to stretch Cornwall and open up gaps, but then started to go up the middle for some reason, playing into Cornwall's favour.

What was disappointing was the points conceded, no team (except Oldham) down to 12 in this league should put 18 points past us. Our ruck speed was poor and with a man advantage we allowed Cornwall freedom to run at the line causing us problems. At least the coach commented on it after the game and said it's something hornets need to work on. We have a week off before we face Workington and we need to sort out that defence and line speed. 

• Like 1