What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

Currently listening to a faulty fire alarm. :( The landlord's on his way.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently listening to a faulty fire alarm. :( The landlord's on his way.

Sorted, at last!

Games, Dames and Guitar Thangs, by P-Funk guitarist Eddie Hazel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2yYZPfFg-Y

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Once, every now and then, you find yourself typing something strange, like "Peter Tosh, on a unicycle, singing Johnny B.Goode".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBKTv6AJD0A#t

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Chilling to 'Phaedra' by Tangerine Dream.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

It's an effing awesome LP, just turn it up as loud as I have.

A mate of mine contends that it's their greatest album. I know the general consensus is that Master Of Puppets is their finest hour but I think he's got a point.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

I do like a bit of Tangerine Dream.

I'm not always in the mood for it, but sometimes, when you have the time, a bit of TD just lets you swim in the sounds.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I'm not always in the mood for it, but sometimes, when you have the time, a bit of TD just lets you swim in the sounds.

Spot on, they're not necessarily a band I'd turn to often but when you're in the mood something like Ricochet really hits the spot.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Spot on, they're not necessarily a band I'd turn to often but when you're in the mood something like Ricochet really hits the spot.

If you haven't got these TD albums already, try 'Force majeure' or the 'Thief' soundtrack.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you haven't got these TD albums already, try 'Force majeure' or the 'Thief' soundtrack.

Cheers, I'll check them out.

ABC - The Lexicon of Love, plus 'When Smokey sings' from the Alphabet City album. Some wonderful pop/soul tracks.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 2 weeks later...

Possibly the apogee of MTV-era hubris, topping even Duran Duran's Wild Boys?

. Crikey, he's the black Vanilla Ice!

Cameos up the wazoo, from James Belushi to (via Milli Vanilli) James Brown... none of them could save this.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Consider yourselves warned! This track, by preposterous leathery Sixties TV 'heartthrob' Peter Wyngarde may just turn your stomach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAFPaJ1RjMg

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Consider yourselves warned! This track, by preposterous leathery Sixties TV 'heartthrob' Peter Wyngarde may just turn your stomach.

Ye gods!

It's been a while ......

Just running in a new cart Ortofon 2M Black, listening to Wes Montgomery " The Beginnings " double LP on Blue Note.

A 2M? Ooh, very nice! 

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hello Futtocks

Yep 2M Black it's in another league to my old Rega cart, it has the smile effect !

Which Rega did you have?

I currently have an Exact 2, and as well as sounding pretty good, I appreciate the fuss-free 3-point mounting.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I was running an Elys 2 didn't match my Avid at all, I knew I had to step up to get the best out of my TT, not cheap I know it's been worth the saving up.

I've read great reviews of the Exact 2, I got my local dealer to fit the cart just didn't trust myself

Edited by westhuller

I was running an Elys 2 didn't match my Avid at all, I knew I had to step up to get the best out of my TT, not cheap I know it's been worth the saving up.

I've read great reviews of the Exact, I got my local dealer to fit the cart just didn't trust myself

I had an Ortofon OM (can't recall the model number), followed by a Goldring and a Grado. Despite taking plenty of time/care on installation, I always had the sneaking suspicion that I hadn't done the setup exactly as right as it could be.

With the Rega's preset mounting system for their own tonearms, it takes a lot of the neuroses out of cartridge adjustment. Bolt it in, set the VTF and tracking, then play music.

Ralph Waldo Emerson