Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Our shirt prices

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 snake1985

snake1985
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 05:26 PM

http://www.fevshop.c...-shirt-90-c.asp

ohmy.gif 50!!!!! thats a jump from 40!!!!!! Anyone know why 50?
Posted Image

#2 DMS

DMS
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE (snake1985 @ Nov 27 2009, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://www.fevshop.c...-shirt-90-c.asp

ohmy.gif 50!!!!! thats a jump from 40!!!!!! Anyone know why 50?

I could hazard a guess but that would be unfair. Be interested to see what the club give as reasons for a 25% increase in price.
"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

#3 I Marshall

I Marshall
  • Players
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 06:43 PM

seems like scoring an own goal to me.When people are short of money and reluctant to spend , an extra 10 pounds on a shirt you only get 1 years wear out of will mean fewer shirt sales.Short term gain but fewer shirts sold in my opinion

#4 Sportbilly

Sportbilly
  • Coach
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 07:20 PM

would like to at least see it first......50 seems a bit steep tho.......donny seem to manage 40

http://www.doncaster...-the.5861745.jp

There are no strangers at Post Office Road, only friends who haven't met.

#5 intheshed

intheshed
  • Coach
  • 407 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 08:22 PM

No prices on at all now, maybe a mistake. huh.gif

#6 micngill

micngill
  • Coach
  • 299 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 10:06 AM

QUOTE (intheshed @ Nov 27 2009, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No prices on at all now, maybe a mistake. huh.gif

Acting before thinking again? The club need to appreciate the impact on the faithful suh a huge hike in prices might have. I appreciate that times are hard for the club, but 25% increase may be the difference between a purchase or none. Risky I would say.

Edited by micngill, 28 November 2009 - 10:13 AM.

#7 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 11:24 AM

QUOTE (micngill @ Nov 28 2009, 10:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Acting before thinking again? The club need to appreciate the impact on the faithful suh a huge hike in prices might have. I appreciate that times are hard for the club, but 25% increase may be the difference between a purchase or none. Risky I would say.

Or possibly just an error in inputting by whoever was updating the shop website, which has now been corrected. No price is showing, as the items are not available yet.

Don't be so negative people!

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#8 Sportbilly

Sportbilly
  • Coach
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE (gazza77 @ Nov 28 2009, 12:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or possibly just an error in inputting by whoever was updating the shop website, which has now been corrected. No price is showing, as the items are not available yet.

Don't be so negative people!

the dons shirts arent available until 10th dec......and their shirts are 40..........if it just needed correcting then the 'correct' price could have been put in, instead of 0.00 and pre-orders could start........its nowt to do with being negative.....its common sense to me.....but I'll go along with what was 1st thought......the club does read the forum and hopefully might see sense too.....I'm not gonna pay 50 for a shirt....thats not being negative either.

#9 intheshed

intheshed
  • Coach
  • 407 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE (Sportbilly @ Nov 28 2009, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the dons shirts arent available until 10th dec......and their shirts are 40..........if it just needed correcting then the 'correct' price could have been put in, instead of 0.00 and pre-orders could start........its nowt to do with being negative.....its common sense to me.....but I'll go along with what was 1st thought......the club does read the forum and hopefully might see sense too.....I'm not gonna pay 50 for a shirt....thats not being negative either.

Unless, of course, the shirts were never actually priced up at all and the OP has simply mistaken the 50 season ticket deposit on the same page for the shirt price?

How many people actually saw the shirts priced at 50??

Hardly seems worth a row, even in the off season... cool.gif

#10 Sportbilly

Sportbilly
  • Coach
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE (intheshed @ Nov 28 2009, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unless, of course, the shirts were never actually priced up at all and the OP has simply mistaken the 50 season ticket deposit on the same page for the shirt price?

How many people actually saw the shirts priced at 50??

Hardly seems worth a row, even in the off season... cool.gif

soz, didnt know i was involved in a row....just giving my opinion against someone elses.......dont know how many people saw the price....the starter of the thread did,I did....if ya want to question our integrity...fire away.

Edited by Sportbilly, 28 November 2009 - 06:13 PM.

#11 DMS

DMS
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE (Sportbilly @ Nov 28 2009, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
soz, didnt know i was involved in a row....just giving my opinion against someone elses.......dont know how many people saw the price....the starter of the thread did,I did....if ya want to question our integrity...fire away.

I saw it priced at 50.
"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

#12 leejones

leejones
  • Coach
  • 266 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 08:07 PM

i saw it as well
both male and the new female shirts were 50 quid and the childrens shirt was 35 quid

#13 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 04:06 AM

Aye, me 'n all.

The weak conform, the strong survive.

#14 SRC

SRC

Graphic Artist

• Coach
  • 4,179 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:08 AM

Halifax charge 35 as a standard amount.
If you go tothe shop with an old Fax shirt, you get a new one for 22 !! And you even get to keep your old shirt. Rewarding the long-standing fans I guess.

My club Barrow charge 45 and that's been the case for 2 or 3 years.

#15 snake1985

snake1985
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 12:39 PM

seems the club have changed there mind, you can now go on the link and buy the shirt for 0.00 lol laugh.gif
Posted Image

#16 leejones

leejones
  • Coach
  • 266 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 12:44 PM

QUOTE (SRC @ Nov 29 2009, 09:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you go to the shop with an old Fax shirt, you get a new one for 22 !! And you even get to keep your old shirt. Rewarding the long-standing fans I guess.

I like the idea of that biggrin.gif

#17 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,150 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 02:15 PM

I went up to Rovers last night to see The Grumbleweeds (who were hilarious ) and i asked Andy McNeill who was there if the shirts were going to be 50.00 as stated on this thread and he said "no" but didnt say how much they were goin to be.
Im Fev and im proud

#18 The Baby Faced Assassin.

The Baby Faced Assassin.
  • Coach
  • 328 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 02:51 PM

Well I'll get one as I always have one bought for xmas so 40 or 50 I should be OK but to be honest IMO last seasons was disapointing quality, hardly much more than a T shirt and had so much nylon in it I get an electric shock everytime I took it on and off sad.gif . I might dig out my old "Linpac" era replica for next season, far better quality, 100% cotton with a real button up collar to boot tongue.gif

#19 Paul Gibbins

Paul Gibbins
  • Coach
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE (The Baby Faced Assassin. @ Nov 29 2009, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well I'll get one as I always have one bought for xmas so 40 or 50 I should be OK but to be honest IMO last seasons was disapointing quality, hardly much more than a T shirt and had so much nylon in it I get an electric shock everytime I took it on and off sad.gif . I might dig out my old "Linpac" era replica for next season, far better quality, 100% cotton with a real button up collar to boot tongue.gif

He's electric, follows a club that is run by eccentrics, does good things it's never expected and we need more wine...................... lol
PAUL GIBBINS

Wall and Floor Tiling
Plastering

Bathroom fitting
Fencing
Guttering

Insurance work
Free Quotes

www.funkytilers.co.uk

#20 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,905 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 03:58 PM

he's electric, can i be electric too!

Ah the 90's!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users