Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

coley

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#21 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,947 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 06:26 PM

On Morley, I haven't got a video of it, but have seen plenty of rugby in my time and can recall it pretty well. I was pleased he was able to play against Wigan as it is important for our young lads to pit themselves against everything the opposition has to offer. That way we learn plenty about ourselves.
I have no issue with Coley's sending off or ban, and Wigan will cope without him.

#22 sam

sam
  • Coach
  • 7,557 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE (Exiled Wiganer @ Jul 6 2010, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On Morley, I haven't got a video of it, but have seen plenty of rugby in my time and can recall it pretty well.

you clearly can't recall it well.
foxes or poor people?

#23 Hannibal

Hannibal
  • Coach
  • 11,790 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE (Dave T @ Jul 6 2010, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah, now that's a surprise.

IIRC the camera angles were inconclusive to say the least.

Any more? I am genuinely interested in these lists of high tackles that knocked the player out and made him leave the field concussed.

Is it really a surprise?

According to you Coley's ban was a slam dunk, and the evidence against Morley was "Inconclusive".

Time to open both eyes Dave, just like you seem to be preaching to everyone else.

#24 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,875 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:26 PM

If you lok at Coley's ban in isolatio I think it's about right but. however, incinsistency reigns again because, and Sorry dave T, the attack by Morley on Sherwin was worse in my opinion and I THINK Morley has a much poorer disciplinary record.
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#25 3owls

3owls
  • Banned
  • 505 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE (giwildgo @ Jul 6 2010, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't necessarily expect you to agree with me, its all about opinions isn't it?

Nevertheless examples;
http://www.therfl.co...tem.php?id=1600 - Grade C (2-3 matches) becomes nothing despite being found guilty?

http://www.therfl.co...tem.php?id=1922 - Worse high tackle than Coley's (in my opinion), not sent off and a poorer previous record - same outcome as Coley

http://www.therfl.co...tem.php?id=1596 - One of the most reckless tackle attempts I have seen all season and found not guilty.

http://www.therfl.co...tem.php?id=1953 - Contact with head not careless? There was a swinging arm to the head about 2 minutes later that was even worse and wasn't even deemed worthy of review.

http://www.therfl.co...tem.php?id=1705 - Different offence but example of leniency in spite of poor previous record for same offence and admittance in guilty verdict of potential to seriously injure.

I stand by my view that lack of consistency is a real issue.

Have you got any of the several incidents relating to joel tomkins and the disciplinary panel up there old lad........thought not. Use of the knees in both games against leeds, coincidence or just a dirty ######? "Cynical and unnecessary" said the panel of mr tomkins sly tactics. Fancy, a wigan player eh, who'd a thought it.

#26 giwildgo

giwildgo
  • Coach
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:31 PM

QUOTE (3owls @ Jul 6 2010, 10:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have you got any of the several incidents relating to joel tomkins and the disciplinary panel up there old lad........thought not. Use of the knees in both games against leeds, coincidence or just a dirty ######? "Cynical and unnecessary" said the panel of mr tomkins sly tactics. Fancy, a wigan player eh, who'd a thought it.

Senior kicking out..., Webb's whirlwind arms, a chicken wing from Bailey or how about a high shot from Peacock?

Stones...Glasshouses or Kettle...Pot...Black - take your pick.

Posted Image

oderint dum metuant

#27 Bitofaboogie

Bitofaboogie
  • Coach
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:41 PM

The discussion within this thread surrounding consistency makes me laugh because the RFL and its match officials are unswervingly consistent when it comes to the way that they officiate Wigan.

This decision is an utter disgrace when compared to some of the things that have been allowed to pass without punishment this season.

I am not saying that the RFL, its disciplinary committee and its match officials are corrupt to the core, it is just that their decisions regarding Wigan make it look like they are.

But who knows the truth eh?

Certainly not me.

dry.gif

#28 3owls

3owls
  • Banned
  • 505 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE (giwildgo @ Jul 6 2010, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Senior kicking out..., Webb's whirlwind arms, a chicken wing from Bailey or how about a high shot from Peacock?

Stones...Glasshouses or Kettle...Pot...Black - take your pick.

Yes we know you're obsessed with leeds but do you have to be so predictable that you quote 5 cases and three are from leeds and two from wire. You're a bit like a stuck record, a bad one at that. Have you got leeds dolls that you stick pins in every night ? You seem to spend most of your energy hating leeds rather than loving your own club, which unfortunately seems to be the trend nowadays. Sad little man.

#29 Bitofaboogie

Bitofaboogie
  • Coach
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE (3owls @ Jul 6 2010, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes we know you're obsessed with leeds but do you have to be so predictable that you quote 5 cases and three are from leeds and two from wire. You're a bit like a stuck record, a bad one at that. Have you got leeds dolls that you stick pins in every night ? You seem to spend most of your energy hating leeds rather than loving your own club, which unfortunately seems to be the trend nowadays. Sad little man.

Leeds are consistently the dirtiest and most cynical team in the league and what is more they are the worst for back-chat to the officials by a country mile yet little is done about their antics. I wonder why?

#30 giwildgo

giwildgo
  • Coach
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE (3owls @ Jul 6 2010, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

laugh.gif - again pot, kettle and black from someone so opinionated about Wigan. I don't know where this Leeds persecution complex comes from, but I can confirm I have no hate for Leeds, only a mild dislike in all honesty and most of that as a dual consequence of recent success and supporters of your ilk that are so one-eyed that you give a cyclops a bad name whilst being humourless with it. My real dislike is reserved for our two local rivals I'm afraid.

As far as the choice of the five cases, the Wire ones were part of my point given I was responding to a Warrington fan, but the Leeds ones weren't specific, just examples I'd remembered from this season that seemed a little inconsistent relative to Coley's case. I did mention the Cunningham / Stosic example elsewhere, but thats a little old now - if I could have found a Saints example I would have, but unfortunately they have been pretty Saintly this season dry.gif

As for other clubs, I don't pay as much attention to clubs I don't see as a threat to Wigan's potential success and no specific examples from other clubs really stand out in terms of inconsistency.

Edited by giwildgo, 06 July 2010 - 09:53 PM.

Posted Image

oderint dum metuant

#31 3owls

3owls
  • Banned
  • 505 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE (Bitofaboogie @ Jul 6 2010, 10:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Leeds are consistently the dirtiest and most cynical team in the league and what is more they are the worst for back-chat to the officials by a country mile yet little is done about their antics. I wonder why?

They're the most exciting and that's why they will have been on the box 3 weeks running on friday. Oh and they're record breaking three in a row super league champions, but you know that. Go round to your mates house and stick some pins in dolls. When did wigan lose its village status, was it when they realised they had a town full of idiots.

#32 giwildgo

giwildgo
  • Coach
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:55 PM

QUOTE (3owls @ Jul 6 2010, 10:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They're the most exciting and that's why they will have been on the box 3 weeks running on friday. Oh and they're record breaking three in a row super league champions, but you know that. Go round to your mates house and stick some pins in dolls. When did wigan lose its village status, was it when they realised they had a town full of idiots.

Time for bed...school in the morning.

Trolling is neither big nor clever - I actually thought you'd turned the corner recently with some fairly informed contributions, but now back to the bad old days. rolleyes.gif

Posted Image

oderint dum metuant

#33 3owls

3owls
  • Banned
  • 505 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:56 PM

QUOTE (giwildgo @ Jul 6 2010, 10:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
laugh.gif - again pot, kettle and black from someone so opinionated about Wigan. I don't know where this Leeds persecution complex comes from, but I can confirm I have no hate for Leeds, only a mild dislike in all honesty and most of that as a dual consequence of recent success and supporters of your ilk that are so one-eyed that you give a cyclops a bad name whilst being humourless with it. My real dislike is reserved for our two local rivals I'm afraid.

As far as the choice of the five cases, the Wire ones were part of my point given I was responding to a Warrington fan, but the Leeds ones weren't specific, just examples I'd remembered from this season that seemed a little inconsistent relative to Coley's case. I did mention the Cunningham / Stosic example elsewhere, but thats a little old now - if I could have found a Saints example I would have, but unfortunately they have been pretty Saintly this season dry.gif

As for other clubs, I don't pay as much attention to clubs I don't see as a threat to Wigan's potential success and no specific examples from other clubs really stand out in terms of inconsistency.

"He doth protest too much". Anyway see you at wembley.........................oh no we won't,silly me. Goodnight.

#34 giwildgo

giwildgo
  • Coach
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:58 PM

QUOTE (3owls @ Jul 6 2010, 10:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"He doth protest too much". Anyway see you at wembley.........................oh no we won't,silly me. Goodnight.

laugh.gif I'll let you off on that one.

Posted Image

oderint dum metuant

#35 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,167 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE (giwildgo @ Jul 6 2010, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't necessarily expect you to agree with me, its all about opinions isn't it?
Absolutely, and I wasn't challenging you for the sake of it, I was genuinely interested in the examples you would come up with, thanks for taking the time to do that (although I'm sure it's no surprise to you that I don't agree with them all!!!)

Nevertheless examples;
http://www.therfl.co...tem.php?id=1600 - Grade C (2-3 matches) becomes nothing despite being found guilty?
This is one that was looked at in a lot of detail. I had no issue with a ban, however at the time some people were hysterical about it, and it wasn't as bad as people made out. I would have agreed that 1 match is about right, as ultimately the players have a responsibility to play in a way that doesn't cause injury.

http://www.therfl.co...tem.php?id=1922 - Worse high tackle than Coley's (in my opinion), not sent off and a poorer previous record - same outcome as Coley
I haven't seen this as obviously it wasn't on TV, is there a link to it anywhere? It's be unfair of me to comment otherwise.

http://www.therfl.co...tem.php?id=1596 - One of the most reckless tackle attempts I have seen all season and found not guilty.
There are hundreds of people who also acted this hysterically about the O'Loughlin one at Murrayfield, however when people actually look at it frame by frame in slow motion (which the panel do) then it isn't as clear cut as fans would suggest. I have still yet to see a good angle of this, and by the wording the panel use, they didn't get an angle which many fans on here seemed to get which showed a shocking tackle! Again, if anyone has any links of this, I'd love to see it.

http://www.therfl.co...tem.php?id=1953 - Contact with head not careless? There was a swinging arm to the head about 2 minutes later that was even worse and wasn't even deemed worthy of review.
I genuinely don't think there was anything in this at all. I remember I was watching this game in the pub with my dad and at first we both thought it was a red card. When you watched it again in slow mo, it was just a spectacular looking tackle. Look at the fact that it was a flat hand, and he had been stepped by a player two-thirds his weight and there was nothing in it.

http://www.therfl.co...tem.php?id=1705 - Different offence but example of leniency in spite of poor previous record for same offence and admittance in guilty verdict of potential to seriously injure.
Can't disagree and this is probably the one time I have criticised the disciplinary this season.

I stand by my view that lack of consistency is a real issue.
My final point is though that you have failed to supply high tackles where the ball carrier has been knocked unconscious and had to leave the field as a result. All of the above incidents are for very different things, so of course you won't get consistency.

Nobody agrees. I take it you thought there was no issue with O'Loughlins 'tackle' on Robinson? Despite Nathan Brown (recognised as a top coach in SL) thinking it was disgusting and threatening retribution!

With such varied views on exactly the same incident, how on earth can the panel win?

#36 Bitofaboogie

Bitofaboogie
  • Coach
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE (3owls @ Jul 6 2010, 10:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This guy is clearly a nobhead.

#37 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,167 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE (Hannibal @ Jul 6 2010, 09:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is it really a surprise?

According to you Coley's ban was a slam dunk, and the evidence against Morley was "Inconclusive".

Time to open both eyes Dave, just like you seem to be preaching to everyone else.
Where do I preach for people to open both eyes? I give my opinion, you should try it some time, instead of just lying in wait for snide remarks.

QUOTE (Kenilworth Tiger @ Jul 6 2010, 09:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you lok at Coley's ban in isolatio I think it's about right but. however, incinsistency reigns again because, and Sorry dave T, the attack by Morley on Sherwin was worse in my opinion and I THINK Morley has a much poorer disciplinary record.
If anybody can show me the Morley incident I would be happy to review it again and stand corrected. I watched it after the event and because the ball had gone the best camera angle was a long shot which was inconclusive.

The inconclusive thing isn't something I have made up, these are the panels words:

The committee have scrutinised DVD very carefully. There was a collision and committee are not satisfied this could have been avoided. The committee are also not satisfied the initial contact was high but was towards the upper part of the body. The player’s arms were out but committee not satisfied this case is made out and find the player not guilty of a high tackle as charged.

So they were not satisfied it could have been avoided and they are not satisfied that it was high, yet everybody here saw it. How. Please, somebody show me!

No doubt certain people will put it down to a Wire v Wigan thing, but that's their issue not mine.

#38 Hannibal

Hannibal
  • Coach
  • 11,790 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:45 PM

QUOTE (Dave T @ Jul 6 2010, 11:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where do I preach for people to open both eyes? I give my opinion, you should try it some time, instead of just lying in wait for snide remarks.

If anybody can show me the Morley incident I would be happy to review it again and stand corrected. I watched it after the event and because the ball had gone the best camera angle was a long shot which was inconclusive.

The inconclusive thing isn't something I have made up, these are the panels words:

The committee have scrutinised DVD very carefully. There was a collision and committee are not satisfied this could have been avoided. The committee are also not satisfied the initial contact was high but was towards the upper part of the body. The player’s arms were out but committee not satisfied this case is made out and find the player not guilty of a high tackle as charged.

So they were not satisfied it could have been avoided and they are not satisfied that it was high, yet everybody here saw it. How. Please, somebody show me!

No doubt certain people will put it down to a Wire v Wigan thing, but that's their issue not mine.

How come your opinion always sides with Wire's point of view?

Is it merely a coincidence?

Stop it Dave, you're killing me.

rolleyes.gif

#39 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,167 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE (Hannibal @ Jul 6 2010, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How come your opinion always sides with Wire's point of view?

Is it merely a coincidence?

Stop it Dave, you're killing me.

rolleyes.gif

How come you ignore examples of me defending other clubs and players? My defence here is actually of the panel, and I also use an example of a Wigan player who was absolutely slated on here and by a top coach.

Why did you ignore that? Is it merely a coincidence?

If I say something against my club, people like you aren't queuing up to say anything, so I can't really win.

Of all the incidents that have involved my team on this thread, I said Carvell deserved a ban, Morley's was inconclusive (same as the panels), and I haven't seen the Brent Webb tackle against the Wire player.

I'm still waiting to see this TotalRL exlusive video of the Morley incident.

#40 Hannibal

Hannibal
  • Coach
  • 11,790 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 11:06 PM

QUOTE (Dave T @ Jul 6 2010, 11:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How come you ignore examples of me defending other clubs and players? My defence here is actually of the panel, and I also use an example of a Wigan player who was absolutely slated on here and by a top coach.

Why did you ignore that? Is it merely a coincidence?

If I say something against my club, people like you aren't queuing up to say anything, so I can't really win.

Of all the incidents that have involved my team on this thread, I said Carvell deserved a ban, Morley's was inconclusive (same as the panels), and I haven't seen the Brent Webb tackle against the Wire player.

I'm still waiting to see this TotalRL exlusive video of the Morley incident.

Has anyone else agreed with your, completely unbiased, assessment of the Morley incident?

I demand that, if you are to pass judgement on Coley, you put a link up to the video in this thread. I also demand that you post video evidence of every other case you have stated on here. I mean, without video evidence, how are we to deem that anything is inconclusive?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users