League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Halifax RLFC vs Widnes Vikings

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Halifax RLFC (4 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

2. Widnes Vikings (6 votes [60.00%])

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Bomb Jack

Bomb Jack
  • Coach
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE (Bulletproof @ Aug 2 2010, 04:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That things like temporary form issues are put on a back burner for things like overall strength.

Fans of other Clubs don't see that though.

All they see is us struggling this season, and say we shouldn't get a Licence because of it.
Widnes - Super League's newest Club, and Cheshire's Original Glamour Club. Watch out Warrington, we're back !

#62 Bulletproof

Bulletproof
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 03:31 PM

QUOTE (Bomb Jack @ Aug 2 2010, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fans of other Clubs don't see that though.

All they see is us struggling this season, and say we shouldn't get a Licence because of it.

Yep. The thing is, under the old system, they'd have a point. But we're not under the old system, and we're merely working as best we can within the current system to ensure we progress. We'd have been better off on the pitch had we not had our injury list but c'est la vie. We're the club building for the future the most when others are spending on squads to build purely for the present.

#63 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,292 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE (Bulletproof @ Aug 2 2010, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep. The thing is, under the old system, they'd have a point. But we're not under the old system, and we're merely working as best we can within the current system to ensure we progress. We'd have been better off on the pitch had we not had our injury list but c'est la vie. We're the club building for the future the most when others are spending on squads to build purely for the present.

Correct. The point is, if you had Featherstone's squad, and coach, and were sitting 9 points clear at the top, you'd still have to change 80% of your squad to be competitive in SL. The longer term view of investing in youth and having good facilities and supporter base is much more important.
North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2014 - the hard work starts now

#64 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,472 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:10 PM

QUOTE (Bulletproof @ Aug 2 2010, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Other people might get away with saying this, but other people don't consistently attack us and run our club down whilst talking up theirs. In other words, shut up and stop being a massive hypocrite. Responding to your twaddle does not constitute to having a massive ego and/or a superiority complex. Putting teams down whilst being blind to the fault of yours, as you have in the posts just behind mine does.

Honestly Mick, besides being a liar, your also particularly dumb on occasion.

Why are you soooooooo hostile all the time ?

Show me these posts where im constently attacking your club , running it down while talking mine up, this is a Widnes condition, I merely respond to widnes fans superiority complex issues , This is what really gets to you isnt it !!!! admit it as its plainly obvious to readers of this forum.

You really should judge your self sir, you like to use words like hypocrite, dare I suggest you think of its true meaning when reading or posing your statements on here. good day to you squire.

#65 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,379 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:11 PM

QUOTE (tim2 @ Aug 2 2010, 04:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Correct. The point is, if you had Featherstone's squad, and coach, and were sitting 9 points clear at the top, you'd still have to change 80% of your squad to be competitive in SL. The longer term view of investing in youth and having good facilities and supporter base is much more important.

Fev are doing both. Putting a top team out on the field and devloping the future. Why don't Widnes? If they've got such a strong backer, they should be able to do a lot better than 8th. They give the impression that they're sitting back and don't care, assuming the license is in the bag. This discredits the comp. they are in.

You Can't Buy Team Spirit

#66 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,472 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE (Bulletproof @ Aug 2 2010, 11:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mick, you don't live in khatmandu. And pointing out the flaws in your club does not bode well for you. These problems will also occur if you were in super league. It isn't a plus point in your favour pointing out the difficulty you have attracting and paying your players fairly. If you're living in a backwater, just live to your means. We'd be best off planning for a future in a centre of population like Newcastle. Despite these obviously crippling issues, you have managed to win the league recently and featured a squad containing the likes of Jamie Rooney. The facts laid out to you regarding our youngsters counting on the cap have been largely ignored and turned into some bizarre reverse whinge.

Lie. We have been in admin once, due to a crooked owner which could have leeched himself onto anyone. The fact that we had multiple credible bids for our club after he left us in dire straits speaks volumes. We have the largest crowds in the division, and a relatively low salary cap with which to work in, and a new owner with a better sense of morals. This is a completely irrelevant divergence you have taken us on and a false one at that.

A staggering bit of idiocy.

Please explain to the board how we benefitted from administration by getting a stadium built 10 years earlier than it happened, before we were involved with Mr Vaughn, before we even qualified for super league? Hell, explain the workings of its finances and how it was dodgy. Please, go into detail. You surely can't leave this on such a compelling, vague point. Explain, liar. Did it enable us to build a time machine? You don't half talk some ######.

By the way, droning on and on about widnes fans "crowing" becomes slightly less impacted when you do it repeatedly yourself and with no provocation.

Absolutely. In fact as we're ignoring due process and all the hard work clubs have taken to ensure they are fully in accordance with RFL policy, why not chuck Moghadishu a license? It would create such a buzz and builr up rugby league n their region, give them a shot. In fact, ###### that. Chuck a dart at a world map and see where it lands. Licensing by guessing. It works so well!

Me, me, me, me, me !!!

Can you not read I was talking about Fax here also, & some parts of my posts were ( in gerneral ) about the game , maybe I should have been more clear ( my apoligies )

Your such a victim arnt you christ what is it with sections of your support and Merseyside folk !!!! perenial victimitus laugh.gif

#67 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,472 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:18 PM

QUOTE (marklaspalmas @ Aug 2 2010, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fev are doing both. Putting a top team out on the field and devloping the future. Why don't Widnes? If they've got such a strong backer, they should be able to do a lot better than 8th. They give the impression that they're sitting back and don't care, assuming the license is in the bag. This discredits the comp. they are in.

Fev 4 SL cool.gif

#68 Bulletproof

Bulletproof
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:26 PM

QUOTE (mick wilson @ Aug 2 2010, 05:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why are you soooooooo hostile all the time ?

Show me these posts where im constently attacking your club , running it down while talking mine up, this is a Widnes condition, I merely respond to widnes fans superiority complex issues , This is what really gets to you isnt it !!!! admit it as its plainly obvious to readers of this forum.

You really should judge your self sir, you like to use words like hypocrite, dare I suggest you think of its true meaning when reading or posing your statements on here. good day to you squire.

I've already shown you these posts. It's not my fault you ignore them. Get a grip and grow up Mick.

#69 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,787 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:26 PM

QUOTE (Bulletproof @ Aug 2 2010, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Some clubs still need to tick the "on-field" box (i.e. Fev, Leigh) before heavy investment in an academy set-up otherwise it could be perceived as wasted money.

However even if we did, what average crowds would we have to average to topple Widnes? (5k?)

#70 Bulletproof

Bulletproof
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:27 PM

QUOTE (marklaspalmas @ Aug 2 2010, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How are they developing for the future?

Like I've said, give them our injury list this season and see how they do then. It's not that simple. Fev are no where near ready for SL.

#71 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,787 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE (Bulletproof @ Aug 2 2010, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Like I've said, give them our injury list this season and see how they do then. It's not that simple. Fev are no where near ready for SL.

they'd probably still do better than Widnes wink.gif

You might argue that Widnes results show they are nowhere near ready for SL.

At the end of the day the current on-the-pitch assessment in that you only need to win one NRC to get considered is a joke, as it does not encourage going full steam ahead into SL

Best team on the pitch over the 3 years should be the ones promoted, as long as they can prove that they can make the necessary tweaks in their stay in SL. I think you'll find that if this had been the rule, that the club going up would have sorted itself out before going up. For a start a club going up with the momentum as the best team would have much bigger crowds than if it were potentially going up with a great deal of uncertainty

#72 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,379 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE (Bulletproof @ Aug 2 2010, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Errr... our U15 scholarship team? Our U16 scholarship team? Our U18 Academy liason team with Fev Lions? Our U20 Reserve team? Our second to none community programme? Our future stadium and ground devlopment plans?

#73 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,379 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 05:01 PM

QUOTE (Lobbygobbler @ Aug 2 2010, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some clubs still need to tick the "on-field" box (i.e. Fev, Leigh) before heavy investment in an academy set-up otherwise it could be perceived as wasted money.

Lobby, what have you just typed? Clubs dont run academies to tick a stupid box. They do it for the future of the club. It's where players come from before they run out for the first team, y'know?

#74 Bulletproof

Bulletproof
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 05:02 PM

QUOTE (Lobbygobbler @ Aug 2 2010, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
they'd probably still do better than Widnes wink.gif

You might argue that Widnes results show they are nowhere near ready for SL.

At the end of the day the current on-the-pitch assessment in that you only need to win one NRC to get considered is a joke, as it does not encourage going full steam ahead into SL

Best team on the pitch over the 3 years should be the ones promoted, as long as they can prove that they can make the necessary tweaks in their stay in SL. I think you'll find that if this had been the rule, that the club going up would have sorted itself out before going up. For a start a club going up with the momentum as the best team would have much bigger crowds than if it were potentially going up with a great deal of uncertainty

But if this was the case Widnes would have spent more on the squad than we have! We are working within the current system the best we can! And what part of injury list is ambiguous to you? Honestly.

No club in this division is ever ever going to make the step up to super league without significantly altering their squad. Current form has little to do with it.

"I think you'll find if this had been the rule." I think I'm going to stop you there. It isn't. If it had been, things would have been very different for all clubs. You're arguing against us using things that aren't the case but you think should be.

The only point of three year licensing is to take current form out of the equation. Otherwise, you might as well go back to P & R. The three year average thing is a red herring on your part.

#75 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,379 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 05:04 PM

Everyone gets injuries. It is, and always has been a rubbish excuse for being ######.

#76 Bulletproof

Bulletproof
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 05:11 PM

QUOTE (marklaspalmas @ Aug 2 2010, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Everyone gets injuries. It is, and always has been a rubbish excuse for being ######.

It isn't. When you plan for a season and all your plans go through the window because of a horrific injury list, when your best acquisitions go on the long term injury list and you are playing green players out of position it at least explains why you are not challenging for the top or comfortable in the play offs as we had hoped. Every club gets injuries, but not in the same capacity. Of course some teams are more affected than others. This much is obvious. I recall Hull FC having a similar situation a few years ago. People didn't seem to question them like they do us.

#77 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,379 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 05:14 PM

QUOTE (Bulletproof @ Aug 2 2010, 06:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It isn't. When you plan for a season and all your plans go through the window because of a horrific injury list, when your best acquisitions go on the long term injury list and you are playing green players out of position it at least explains why you are not challenging for the top or comfortable in the play offs as we had hoped. Every club gets injuries, but not in the same capacity. Of course some teams are more affected than others. This much is obvious. I recall Hull FC having a similar situation a few years ago. People didn't seem to question them like they do us.

#78 Bulletproof

Bulletproof
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 05:19 PM

QUOTE (marklaspalmas @ Aug 2 2010, 06:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now you're just being ignorant. You have ignored every thing I've said and repeated something I've already addressed and discredited.

#79 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,379 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 05:21 PM

QUOTE (Bulletproof @ Aug 2 2010, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now you're just being ignorant. You have ignored every thing I've said and repeated something I've already addressed and discredited.

No, Im disagreeing with you. Do you see the difference? I read what you wrote and rejected it.

#80 Bulletproof

Bulletproof
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 05:26 PM

QUOTE (marklaspalmas @ Aug 2 2010, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, Im disagreeing with you. Do you see the difference? I read what you wrote and rejected it.

But you've added absolutely nothing as to why not having 13 of your players available to you is a bad excuse to use for form issues. You've just lazily repeated your already lazy opinion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users