Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Rugby League Live

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 Wendall

Wendall
  • Banned
  • 6,758 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 07:06 PM

Any ideas when this is coming out and when you can pre order?

Seems to have gone a bit quiet since it was announced to be a September release.

#2 brooza

brooza
  • 4,347 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 07:17 PM

Was thinking about this myself today, was planning to email devs/publishers and ask
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#3 brooza

brooza
  • 4,347 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 07:26 PM

360 achievements:

ACHIEVEMENTS LIST

Time to go outside now
Reward: 100 Points
Objective: Gain all other Achievements

State of Origin domination
Reward: 50 Points
Objective: Win a State of Origin Series 3-0 within a season

There is always next season
Reward: 75 Points
Objective: Lose the NRL or SL Grand Final

Premiership Winner
Objective: Win the NRL or SL Grand Final

Try Machine
Objective: Have a player in your team score the most tries in a season

Minor Premier
Objective: Be on the top of the ladder at the end of a regular NRL or SL season

That's Gotta Hurt
Reward: 10 Points
Objective: Perform 10 Impact Tackles

Big 300
Objective: Win 300 games

That's My Team
Objective: Win your first game

That's really gotta hurt!
Objective: Perform 50 Impact Tackles

Video Ref
Objective: View your first Video Referee decision

Thanks to us
Objective: View the credits

Be the ball
Objective: Achieve a 100% conversion rate in a match (Min. 5 attempts)

City or Country
Objective: Win as either City or Country within a season

Offload King
Objective: Perform 1000 Offloads

Golden Point
Objective: Win a game with a field goal in Golden Point overtime

40/20
Objective: Perform a 40/20 kick in a match

Thats going on report
Objective: Perform 50 illegal High Tackles

Star Player
Objective: Have a player in your team win the Dally M medal or Man of Steel award

Break Away
Objective: Score a breakaway try from behind your 10m line

Spread the ball
Objective: Pass the ball through 10 sets of hands in a single play

Top Gun
Objective: Have a player in your team score the most points in a season

Big 10
Objective: Win 10 online games

Golden Falcon
Objective: Perform 25 Knock-Ons

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

#4 brooza

brooza
  • 4,347 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 07:32 PM

After reading through forums, I see somebody has had this reply from the European distributers

Many thanks for your email and your interest in our next Rugby League title. "Rugby League Live" on Playstation 3 and XBox 360.

In answer to your question, the European version will be released later than the one for the Australian and New Zealand territories.
At present we are unable to confirm the exact date, but just as soon as we can this will be posted upon our website, together with the European packaging, which will feature Kyle Eastmond from Saints.
In addition we shall be emailing all those that have contacted us, with updates nearer to the release date.

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd
Tel +44(0)1977 555222
www.alternativesoftware.com

Might have to see about importing

#5 Wendall

Wendall
  • Banned
  • 6,758 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE (brooza @ Aug 10 2010, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After reading through forums, I see somebody has had this reply from the European distributers

Might have to see about importing

hmm it could be Xmas over here then by the time it comes out!

Cheers for the update, may have to import it or get a blag copy! rolleyes.gif

#6 brooza

brooza
  • 4,347 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE (Wendall @ Aug 10 2010, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hmm it could be Xmas over here then by the time it comes out!

Cheers for the update, may have to import it or get a blag copy! rolleyes.gif

A bit pricey here, and I actually don't think they ship here, but this it good
http://www.gamesmen....00hsrcn0de2v1i6

#7 GazCoops

GazCoops
  • Coach
  • 396 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:47 AM

Thanks to the announcement of this game, I managed to get RL3 on the Wii for 10. biggrin.gif

Posted Image

#8 Wendall

Wendall
  • Banned
  • 6,758 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:53 AM

QUOTE (brooza @ Aug 10 2010, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A bit pricey here, and I actually don't think they ship here, but this it good
http://www.gamesmen....00hsrcn0de2v1i6

The link says.....

Rugby League Live is expected to be released for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and France on September 2nd, 2010.

#9 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,743 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 09:55 AM

I'd be surprised if it turned up over here any time soon. Every single RL game has been delayed over here - and you can't even pre-order it on any of the web. Quite annoying really, as long as it comes out before Christmas though.
SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#10 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,585 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:39 AM

QUOTE (brooza @ Aug 10 2010, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
360 achievements:

Thats going on report
Objective: Perform 50 illegal High Tackles

Easy, just play as O`Loughlin.

#11 London Dick

London Dick
  • Coach
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 05:39 PM

Is anyone aware if championship clubs will feature?
"If you want us to be the best and if you want us to beat the rest, a BISSA donation is what we need"

#12 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE (London Dick @ Aug 11 2010, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is anyone aware if championship clubs will feature?

Yes mate.

It's still out on the 2nd of September according to my mate Ben who works at Game on broadway in town as it's on his pre-release sheet.

Only problem is that they can only get four copies. ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

#13 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,497 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 06:47 AM

QUOTE (Tommy The C5t @ Aug 11 2010, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes mate.

It's still out on the 2nd of September according to my mate Ben who works at Game on broadway in town as it's on his pre-release sheet.

Only problem is that they can only get four copies. ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

do bradford win on this format???

#14 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,743 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 07:48 AM

QUOTE (Tommy The C5t @ Aug 11 2010, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

From expereince Mick, I'd be more inclined to believe the publishers, as they have said it themselves that it won't be out then over here. Often, shops can be the last to know when something has been delayed.

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

#15 Odsal Outlaw

Odsal Outlaw
  • Coach
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:28 AM

I emailed 'GAME' to ask them about release dates etc. for Rugby League Live for PS3 and got the following response:

"Thank you for your email.

I have spoken to our buying team and as yet there are no plans to stock this product. However this may change and as soon as we have more information we will update our website."

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League
Harry Jepson Winners 2008
RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008
East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008
Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005
RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

#16 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,743 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:51 AM

QUOTE (Odsal Outlaw @ Aug 12 2010, 10:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I emailed 'GAME' to ask them about release dates etc. for Rugby League Live for PS3 and got the following response:

"Thank you for your email.

I have spoken to our buying team and as yet there are no plans to stock this product. However this may change and as soon as we have more information we will update our website."

I think the problem is that whoever is dealing with this game has sent no information to any UK retailer at all, which is poor form IMO. Not even the Amazons/Play.coms of the world have it listed for pre-order. Like I say it'll be a while before we see it over here I think.
SQL Honours

#17 emigrated roughyed

emigrated roughyed
  • Coach
  • 110 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 12:15 PM

You can pre order in Aus, I have seen quite a lot of promotion in the computer shops in the northern suburbs of Perth . Western Australia. You get a free ball if you pre order, the graphics on the back of the pre release discs look a bit poor...not much different than the playstation 2 release...Ill still buy it

#18 bendyas

bendyas
  • Coach
  • 3,153 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 12:41 PM

The number of the games developers was 01977 so you should be Fev. Maybe they'll have all the cheat players and be ace.

#19 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 01:03 PM

QUOTE (Amber Avenger @ Aug 12 2010, 08:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
From expereince Mick, I'd be more inclined to believe the publishers, as they have said it themselves that it won't be out then over here. Often, shops can be the last to know when something has been delayed.

Like you say the last three have been delayed something shocking.

The first one had the 2005 teams in it and we got it halfway through the 2006 season mad.gif

#20 brooza

brooza
  • 4,347 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 07:48 PM

Just got an email

Hi Fellow Rugby League fan

Many thanks for your email. regarding Rugby League Live.

I can confirm that the game is to be released in the UK, and we will be announcing the release date next week.

Please note we can also confirm that the game will be on sale in Game,Gamestation,and all good independent video games stores, as well as selected on line stores. Plus of course directly from ourselves. Further announcements will be made next week
In the meantime you may enjoy the trailer of the game

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users