Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Wembley 2010

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 10:27 PM

Right then fellow TRL forum members who from here is off to the final.

Match ticket and train travel have been sorted at a combined cost of 63 which I think is a real bargain.

I'm already meeting Paul off here for a pint or two, and have made arrangements to meet up with a few Rhino supporters I drink with.

My train doesn't leave Kings Cross till 19:52 so plenty of scope for more real ale after the game.

p.s is anyone sat in Entrance L, Block 538 ?

Edited by Tommy The C5t, 14 August 2010 - 10:31 PM.

#2 brooza

brooza
  • 4,360 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 11:01 PM

I'm going, got my ticket through St Albans Centurions, so no idea where I'm sat (the guy couldn't remember when I asked but he thinks it may be warrington end)
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#3 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE (brooza @ Aug 15 2010, 12:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm going, got my ticket through St Albans Centurions, so no idea where I'm sat (the guy couldn't remember when I asked but he thinks it may be warrington end)

I think I may be in the Warrington with you looking at the allocations on RL Fans.

Still can't go wrong 26 for a cup final ticket.

#4 IM2

IM2
  • Coach
  • 895 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 02:42 AM

make sure you get to the skolars v oldham games friday nite!

Season Tickets 2014
- �85 - season ticket
- �125 - family ticket
- �30 - 4 game pack

skolars shop here:
http://www.skolarsrl.../match-tickets/

Haringey Team of the Year 2014 Skolars U19s

Haringey Club of the year 2011
London RL Club of the year 2011

Skolars if Carlsberg made rugby clubs! Perhaps Leagues most progressive club!

#5 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,540 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 08:39 AM

Block 516, Behind the sticks, above the club wembley ring mad.gif

Ibis Wembley ....... Friday night (romantic day / night with the wife wink.gif )

Saturday Morning Greasy Spoon across the way, Full English and then on the Beers from 9am.

Anyone wishing to join me, I'll be right out side the IBIS on the silver benches drinking plenty of alcohol.

#6 goldcard

goldcard
  • Coach
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 09:12 AM

Still not got tickets, if James gets them when he goes there next week, I'll be there.
Having zero in my bank kinda buggered me up....
Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.
Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)
Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....
And again!!!Posted Image
Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

#7 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,706 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 09:25 AM

QUOTE (Tommy The C5t @ Aug 14 2010, 11:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Right then fellow TRL forum members who from here is off to the final.

Match ticket and train travel have been sorted at a combined cost of 63 which I think is a real bargain.

I'm already meeting Paul off here for a pint or two, and have made arrangements to meet up with a few Rhino supporters I drink with.

My train doesn't leave Kings Cross till 19:52 so plenty of scope for more real ale after the game.

p.s is anyone sat in Entrance L, Block 538 ?

MY mate Tom has got our's Mick so i dont know what number block or seat he got them from the club office on monday so i don't know what block ,or seat ,or number.We had intention's of getting the most expensive just to experience the new Wembley,but all he could get was 26 .We are setting off from Headingley at 7.00AM ,then straght back after the game,but if i spot you we may find a bar inside the stadium for a pint
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#8 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,540 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 09:36 AM

QUOTE (fieldofclothofgold @ Aug 15 2010, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
MY mate Tom has got our's Mick so i dont know what number block or seat he got them from the club office on monday so i don't know what block ,or seat ,or number.We had intention's of getting the most expensive just to experience the new Wembley,but all he could get was 26 .We are setting off from Headingley at 7.00AM ,then straght back after the game,but if i spot you we may find a bar inside the stadium for a pint

If you don't spot him ohmy.gif ohmy.gif you'll hear him wink.gif laugh.gif

26 tickets could be behind the sticks or if not, its in the lap of the gods (3rd tier)

13 Days and counting to an amazing weekend.

win or lose its final day.

#9 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,706 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 09:53 AM

QUOTE (1976PMJwires @ Aug 15 2010, 10:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you don't spot him ohmy.gif ohmy.gif you'll hear him wink.gif laugh.gif

26 tickets could be behind the sticks or if not, its in the lap of the gods (3rd tier)

13 Days and counting to an amazing weekend.

win or lose its final day.

hear hear
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#10 Jonty

Jonty
  • Coach
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 10:18 AM

Travelling down Thursday via Oxford, then to London on the Friday. Stopping near Swiss Cottage tube station Friday/Saturday.

Heading up to Skolars on the Friday night.

Managed to get the 10 "Wembley Wednesday" tickets, and am sat somewhere around the 20m-30m lines. Looking forward to it - my first visit to the new Wembley, and first Wembley Cup Final. Getting there in time for the Yr 7 Champions Schools Finals as one of my local schools (Dowdales, Dalton-in-Furness) has got there.

biggrin.gif
disques vogue

The club where Eurovision isn't a dirty word. A waltz through the leopard skin lined world of Tom Jones, Bert Kampfert and Burt Bacharach. Step out to the sound of the happy hammond and swing to the seductive sounds of the samba.

DJ's, raffles, cocktails and wide collars. Please dress smart. Gentlemen might like to wear a suit.

Same price. Same music. Same rubbish prizes.

#11 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,892 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 10:28 AM

QUOTE (IM2 @ Aug 15 2010, 03:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
make sure you get to the skolars v oldham games friday nite!

I'll be there. Travelling up from cardiff on the friday morning, first class on the train! Who says rugby league is a working class sport. Tally ho! biggrin.gif
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#12 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,540 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 03:42 PM

QUOTE (Jonty @ Aug 15 2010, 11:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Travelling down Thursday via Oxford, then to London on the Friday. Stopping near Swiss Cottage tube station Friday/Saturday.

Managed to get the 10 "Wembley Wednesday" tickets, and am sat somewhere around the 20m-30m lines. Looking forward to it - my first visit to the new Wembley, and first Wembley Cup Final. Getting there in time for the Yr 7 Champions Schools Finals as one of my local schools (Dowdales, Dalton-in-Furness) has got there.

biggrin.gif

Enjoy the whole day, its amazing, plus being able to watch the local Under 11's schools will make it more so special, stars of the future.

C/w bargain tickets.

#13 stimpo-and-kat

stimpo-and-kat
  • Coach
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE (Jonty @ Aug 15 2010, 11:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

biggrin.gif

I'll see your tenner. I'll raise you with 2 comps.

#14 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,540 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE (stimpo-and-kat @ Aug 15 2010, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll see your tenner. I'll raise you with 2 comps.

Cheap skate tongue.gif

#15 ShotgunGold

ShotgunGold
  • Coach
  • 858 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 04:59 PM

I can only do one event this year because of work.

I picked Grand Final instead...

I hope I don't regret it...

Hearing of you guys all going to Wembley is making me cry... sad.gif

However I will be seeing London v Oldham on the Friday.smile.gif

Edited by ShotgunGold, 15 August 2010 - 05:00 PM.

#16 stimpo-and-kat

stimpo-and-kat
  • Coach
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 05:00 PM

QUOTE (1976PMJwires @ Aug 15 2010, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cheap skate tongue.gif

That's why I married a yorkshire woman!

And you can't argue with half way line seats for nowt!

#17 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 05:01 PM

QUOTE (1976PMJwires @ Aug 15 2010, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cheap skate tongue.gif

You'll know all about being a cheap skate when you find out it's 5 a pint ohmy.gif

#18 stimpo-and-kat

stimpo-and-kat
  • Coach
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE (Tommy The C5t @ Aug 15 2010, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You'll know all about being a cheap skate when you find out it's 5 a pint ohmy.gif

Can sort that with a hip flask.

#19 stimpo-and-kat

stimpo-and-kat
  • Coach
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 06:00 PM

just wanted to add anyone who hasn't got transport tickets yet to try london midlands ( if they go near you) as out ticekts are 15 each from stoke return. Selective times but not bad even if you have to stop at every stop.

#20 stimpo-and-kat

stimpo-and-kat
  • Coach
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE (Tommy The C5t @ Aug 14 2010, 11:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

2 tickets and return train fare. 31

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users