What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's something that should have Blues fans meerkatting frantically! Studs Terkel’s 1965 hour with legendary Mississippi Delta Blues singer and guitarist Son House (1902-1988). Alternating songs and interview segments, available from BigOZine.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Honey Ltd performing in Vietnam with Bob Hope's USO Tour.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I've been doing a bit of online research and I'm even more undecided than ever. From reading a few forums the amp I've got (Naim Nait 2) seems to already have a much better than average phono stage (it's always sounded good to me). I'm a bit wary of spending a lot of money for a very marginal improvement. I suppose the only thing to do is ask the nice chaps at the local hi-fi store if I can road test one. 

A Naim fan, eh? Start saving up!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

A Naim fan, eh? Start saving up!

I watched the launch on the internet last week, just been added to my wish list when I win the lottery. When you watch how it's made and the components that are used you can actually see were the money has gone.

Record fair in Hull tomorrow so hopefully my vinyl collection will have some additions. Picked up a 180gm copy of Arctic Monkeys new album today very good indeed.

I watched the launch on the internet last week, just been added to my wish list when I win the lottery. When you watch how it's made and the components that are used you can actually see were the money has gone.

Record fair in Hull tomorrow so hopefully my vinyl collection will have some additions. Picked up a 180gm copy of Arctic Monkeys new album today very good indeed.

I'll be heading down there in a wee while, hoping you haven't scooped up all the good stuff.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Some really good stuff Audio Room there showing of some nice Naim stuff take your cheque book.

Probably a good job I didn't. I did have a chat with the bloke on their stall about servicing my turntable and ended up buying one of those record cleaning 'machines' they were selling. Really pleased with it. I've been buffing up all my old Creedence LPs. They sound like new, not bad considering I've had them all about forty years.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Probably a good job I didn't. I did have a chat with the bloke on their stall about servicing my turntable and ended up buying one of those record cleaning 'machines' they were selling. Really pleased with it. I've been buffing up all my old Creedence LPs. They sound like new, not bad considering I've had them all about forty years.

I use those paint pads from B&Q £1.50 they are the perfect size for an LP.

Picked up a copy of Tom Petty - Full Moon Fever uk first issue at the record fair for £7 which I've since found out is a bit of a bargin as it goes for over £30 on eBay, so very pleased with myself. Also picked up

Tom Petty - Hard Promises

Prefab Sprout - From Langley Park To Memphis and Protest Songs

Bob Marley and The Wailers - Exodus

B52's - Cosmic Thing

I use those paint pads from B&Q £1.50 they are the perfect size for an LP.

I don't have many ambitions but one of them is to not set foot in B&Q ever again in my life.

Blur performing 'Song 2' with the help of a Jubilee Line ticket gate.  :biggrin:

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Visited Alan's records in East Finchley yesterday. The haul comprises:

Keely Smith - Politely!
Lamont Dozier - Bittersweet
Leon Russell & New Grass Revival - Live
Mel & Tim - Starting all over again
Ry Cooder - The Slide Zone
The Triffids - Field of Glass

Ralph Waldo Emerson

A familiar song, in its original form. Not hugely different - just enough to be slightly disconcerting.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ry Cooder - The Slide Zone

Oops! Not 'Zone', 'Area'.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tom Petty my favourite track from the Wildflowers album It's Good To Be King

I really love Tom Petty, but 'Wildflowers' somehow, despite being a popular album, just didn't do it for me. But 'Good to be King' is a pretty good song.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I really love Tom Petty, but 'Wildflowers' somehow, despite being a popular album, just didn't do it for me. But 'Good to be King' is a pretty good song.

Not a typical Petty album but I love it trying to hunt down a vinyl copy for less than £100 is proving impossible.