Online Streaming

ausroughyed

Hi everyone 

its been a while since I last posted but wanted to say how great it was watching the streamed game against York last Sunday. Even though it was the wee hours it was great to see a game.

couple of questions:

is the bulls game going to be streamed?

does anyone think it would effect gets if we did similar next season?

would someone  at the club be interested in contacting the bulls to see how they have viewed streaming this year. Especially in regards impact, profile, attendance etc.

it must be worth exploring as I myself would happily subscribe to watching the games as I have no chance of getting to games. I’m sure most of us know of fans who aren’t able to attend games. The club have to have a camera at the game, we aren’t talking sky sports but surely raising the profile online would be of benefit.

I am not sure if Bradford have been allowed to stream the game on their online TV station but I know it isn't on the OuRLeague app. 

Your next chance will be if we make the play-offs and OuRLeague stream the games.

As for next season and would it effect gates...  I do not think it would as the 400 who go, go to watch the game live and always will.  It would be good for supporters who can't make the games and also for the ones who go regularly to watch the games during the summer while on holiday.  However Bradford do it because they have enough subscribers to make it worth their while. I doubt Oldham would get enough to cover costs. I am sure Dave Naylor will know more about the costs/technicalities  of having to provide such a service.  

As for someone at the club contacting the Bulls...ha ha good one. I am still waiting for a reply to an email I sent in Jan about season tickets.

Bradford will be streaming the game on their Facebook page via Proper Sport. They've been doing it all season.

This season it's been me videoing all Oldham's home games since April. The regular guy is on a sabbatical so since I've got experience behind a camera I was the obvious replacement to come off the bench.

The videos I produce are for the RFL/Coaches purposes but I put them all on the club website quite quickly after the games.

It's going to be a bit crowded up the gantry this Sunday but I'll have the opportunity to chat to the Proper Sport guys about how they operate.

You never know until you try. I was listening to a guy from Surrey Cricket Club this morning on Radio 4. When the interviewer pointed out that despite them having a great side, there were only about 2000 people in the ground when he went to watch them.

It was then pointed out to him that over 10,000 had watched the live stream on Youtube.

2 hours ago, spanishknight said:

100,000 people watched York play Bradford via streaming and only 25,000 watched Widnes on Sky.

Are those figures the 'same' by that are the viewing stats actually looking at the same thing.  The Widnes figure is based on statistics (BARB have a few thousand TV monitored across the country), the streaming figure will likely be clicks or auto plays (from memory 3 seconds counts as a view). 

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

9 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Are those figures the 'same' by that are the viewing stats actually looking at the same thing.  The Widnes figure is based on statistics (BARB have a few thousand TV monitored across the country), the streaming figure will likely be clicks or auto plays (from memory 3 seconds counts as a view). 

Its something I came across on one of the forums, sorry I dont know the ins and outs of the details.

Great info guys thanks, it does sound like the hardcore will attend either way so how it would impact the crowd I doubt it would to much.

Plenty of teams outside the nrl are doing it regularly over here as a way to raise there profile rather than a quick buck. The Women’s teams especially are really driving viewing figures and attempt to have links sponsored and encourage people to follow, like and subscribe.  Sounding like a dinosaur but today it’s not about watching the entire game but views and likes .

Not a tech guy at all but I’m sure I’m one of many who follows from a far and whenever people ask about who I support they always remember us but ask whatever happened to us.

Archived