Welcome back Jamie

GMcK

Jamie Doran resigns for 2017

Workington Town are delighted to announce that Jamie Doran has agreed to re-sign with the club for the new season. Doran who can play at scrum half or hooker is an ex Wigan Under 19 player who first signed for Town in 2015.

Town Director John Walker said ‘’We’re really pleased that Jamie has decided to resign. He’s a talented local player with a very good rugby brain and the ability to move the team around the park. Jamie can play in a few positions and he is an excellent young player who we believe will develop further under Dave Clark. We look forward to seeing him on the pitch in 2017 ”

Jamie Doran said ‘’ I’m pleased to have resigned for next season and I’m really looking forward to working with the new coach Dave Clark. I’ve enjoyed my time at Workington even though last season was ultimately disappointing. The club is rebuilding on and off the field and I wanted to play a major part in that.

Good man, he received by all accounts a fair offer and signed. Dave Clark has a talented player here, we all know it and when the chips were down last year I was told by Perry Whiteley that it was Jamie Doran who was the voice in the dressing room trying to guide the team around the park,good luck Jamie , UTT.

Great stuff, I'm surprised he could say much at present. He has a bit of magic in him and hopefully our new coach can get the best out of him on a regular basis.

Hope your jaw gets better soon Jamie.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Archived