New Club Statement.

Clarence St

It not just gobbledegook, it's total rubbish. Nice to get a mention though.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

What a total farce,was that John Guildfords puppet answering the questions on the Club website.If the club was run properly over the past years it would not be in the mess it is in now.

The first home game is in two weeks time and with no light at the end of the tunnel and with the rfl stating the Clifton park game was a one off, with no ground to play at surely the future of the club is in doubt.Another concern is York City FC are in a dog fight to stay in the league and have been banging on for weeks about the poor state of the pitch,will they really want the Knights playing there at this present moment.I doubt it somehow.

Good luck to the players what ever happens this season.

Just seen the question and answer piece on the club site and I'm not a lot wiser I'm afraid. Someone with a bit more understanding of gobbledegook may be able to enlighten me I hope.

Gobbledegook indeed John. Anorak that I am, just like the Press website I've read and reread the information provided and am still waiting for an answer as to why the agreement was not signed in Sept/Oct last year. In their answer to question 8 on the website, the club states that "back in Oct the club did not sign the deal as the club would have been making a loss".  At the public meeting in New Earswick Tim Atkins was adamant that the club had agreed verbally to the deal in Sept but when JG was asked to sign it he hit the council with several new demands. Who's telling the truth here?

Overall, reading the clubs answers to questions, there appears to be more fudge present than would be found in the ACME biggest fudge factory in the world in the US of A!

To me, we appear to be no further forward than a couple of months ago, and it would appear that John "Nero" Guildford is continuing to fiddle while our club burns!!

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks for that Gav. The question remains. Who is telling the truth? Actually, I'm amazed that after all this time it's taken someone like yourself to try and get some answers to all the ducking and diving. I would have hoped our local Press, the mouthpiece of the City, would have found time and space and shown enough interest to have done something similar ages ago. I can't help thinking if it had been the football club or one of the theatres or the racecourse or some bike ride that was heading for oblivion, it would have been front page headlines practically every day of the week until it was sorted. They're often spouting on about "the Press campaign" for this that and the other but don't appear to think the dire straights the Knights are in warrants one. I wonder if they realise that several hundred local residents parted company with around £100 each for season tickets for this year yet we haven't even a ground  where they can sit in a proper stand in relative comfort to enjoy a game. The Press claimed last Saturday one of the Knight's directors resigned 3 weeks ago. The knghts issued a statement around the same time saying NO director had resigned. I would have thought The Press would at least want to clarify that point but no, not a thing is said about it in this weeks editions leaving the supporters with another puzzle to ponder. The whole thing stinks!

Once again Gav., many thanks for trying and at least trying to get to the bottom of this web of intrigue.

The question remains. Who is telling the truth? 

Well I certainly know who isn't!

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Don't know if Mr Atkins or COYC will or have confirmed that talks with the Knights are still continuing, but can't we just forget for one moment ''but that is part of signing the deal etc, etc'' and let the players train at St Johns

In fact if KISS want the best for the club and claim to represent the thoughts of the majority of the supporters then how about KISS lobby Mr Atkins & COYC and get just this one very, very small concession granted

Don't know if Mr Atkins or COYC will or have confirmed that talks with the Knights are still continuing, but can't we just forget for one moment ''but that is part of signing the deal etc, etc'' and let the players train at St Johns

In fact if KISS want the best for the club and claim to represent the thoughts of the majority of the supporters then how about KISS lobby Mr Atkins & COYC and get just this one very, very small concession granted

I and KISS lobbied the council to give us some answers, when they did we had all sorts of stuff thrown at us by Guildford and some fans, including you Colin. You're more than welcome to contact the council with your request though, see where that leads?

I and KISS lobbied the council to give us some answers, when they did we had all sorts of stuff thrown at us by Guildford and some fans, including you Colin. You're more than welcome to contact the council with your request though, see where that leads?

Not talking about answers Simon - want a simple action

Also thought you guys were in daily contact with the people that matter and might have had some influence - also in my opinion KISS would get more support by helping get the players back to St Johns as opposed to putting on a free bus to St Helens....

Not talking about answers Simon - want a simple action

Also thought you guys were in daily contact with the people that matter and might have had some influence - also in my opinion KISS would get more support by helping get the players back to St Johns as opposed to putting on a free bus to St Helens....

What do you think we've been doing? Just moaning about Guildford 'cos we don't like him? I'd accept Robert Mugabe as Chairman if he could get us somewhere decent to play FFS. Pretty clear to most now that the only way the players will be training at St. John's and playing at Bootham Crescent is if Guildford goes.

If you keep backing him, you're in a roundabout way causing the players to have no training or playing facilities so it's more up to you than it is up to me & KISS to help sort this now.

Archived