Ten out of ten for trying

Bob Crowther

Announced in todays press that a consortium have applied to enter a team based at Brewery Field. Championship 1 clubs are to vote on the issue. Publication of fixtures delayed until the issue is settled.

It is hoped that the team will fill the void left by the Crusaders departure to Wrexham.

If at first you dont succeed, try try again!!!.

Bob. If they were to set up a club in S Wales that played by the same rules, and whose salary cap was audited with the same stringent (or loose) scrutiny as other clubs in the competition I wouldn't give a toss.

But the likelihood will be that it will be another team full of countless aussies playing under godknowswhat visas and will eventually be given promotion regardless of their on/off field performances!!

Fairness?? My botty!

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Announced in todays press that a consortium have applied to enter a team based at Brewery Field. Championship 1 clubs are to vote on the issue. Publication of fixtures delayed until the issue is settled.

It is hoped that the team will fill the void left by the Crusaders departure to Wrexham.

You just couldn't write this stuff. I know it probably doesn't affect our league. (yet) But we now have a team rushed into our game and delayed fixtures for teams trying to plan for the season ahead. The game goes from one farce to another. I have no faith in the future of our game.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

You just couldn't write this stuff. I know it probably doesn't affect our league. (yet) But we now have a team rushed into our game and delayed fixtures for teams trying to plan for the season ahead. The game goes from one farce to another. I have no faith in the future of our game.

thats two of us bud.mine disappeared when the first onion sellar crossed the channel and the first max boyce look-a-like shot up the M1. (cue knuckle wrap for un PC views :D )

after the last team Toulouse were effectively imposed on us,we now have a choice,vote to accept New south wales 2 or show some spine and say NO .Havent we taken enough ###### off the rulers of this game,say no or we can look forward to the Welsh derby games in 2012,a real treat for all us lovers of all things super league

Paris St Germain and London promoted in 1995 indecent haste Paris fell London propped up by RFL all to bring in SL in indecent haste. Catalan brought in no relegation for 3 years full of antipodeans but they are making a go of it, Celtic brought in allowed illegal players ( not realised at the time I admit) but still allowed to progress despite doing so outside the UK laws. Touloues brought in straight to Championship which we had to work hard to re-achieve, no relegation so signed mmore Aussies and French internationls who can't get in Catalan because of the Aussies. I suggest that any new team is FULLY investigated finacially and through the UK border agency and have a sustainable 3 year business plan in place before even considering an application. I am not far from walking away from a game I love through idiotic beaurocracy

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

Paris St Germain and London promoted in 1995 indecent haste Paris fell London propped up by RFL all to bring in SL in indecent haste. Catalan brought in no relegation for 3 years full of antipodeans but they are making a go of it, Celtic brought in allowed illegal players ( not realised at the time I admit) but still allowed to progress despite doing so outside the UK laws. Touloues brought in straight to Championship which we had to work hard to re-achieve, no relegation so signed mmore Aussies and French internationls who can't get in Catalan because of the Aussies. I suggest that any new team is FULLY investigated finacially and through the UK border agency and have a sustainable 3 year business plan in place before even considering an application. I am not far from walking away from a game I love through idiotic beaurocracy

The only things stopping me giving up on the game is the social side of watching FEV and the fact that i only live 50 yards from the ground. I've tried staying away but when i hear the crowd cheer i'm left thinking, sod it i wish i was there.

Edited by DMS

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

There are obviously some Cetic Crusader fans who have season tickets. The club to survive have to go to Wrexham. This then is a ploy to keep the brass paid and keep a team in the South of Wales. Everybody then is happy, or so they think. I have no objection to there being another Welsh club. But there would be two criteria. I. Celtic because of their abject failure and contravention of the rules drop a league and the other applications made at the time of their acceptance to SL be reconsidered and a new team promoted in their place in Sl. 2. The new team starts in division two of the Championship. That would mean SL and the Chamionship would have the same number of teams and Div 2 would have an extra team. That would be the fairest way to do it. I doubt that will be the outcome. There will no doubt be a bribe of some sort to let the RL get its way.