Wakefield's new stadium is announced...

gazza77

Dont worry folks, this stadium will NEVER be built, the wakey board are worried about the next round of franchise allocations and are promising everything they need to in order to keep the rfl off their backs and keep their place. ( I recall a promise of ground improvements / relocation before)

But it will once again be a false promise !!

frankslater1copy.jpg

That 100% accurate? Terrible from Prostar if true.

Think about it, wanted to get a foot in the door of Rugby league so supply Fev then when a bigger fish (!!?!) comes along i.e. a SL club they put all their energy into them and stuff the smaller club.

Seems obvious to me. And before you ask, no I don't have any evidence, just personal opinion.

The weak conform, the strong survive.

What puzzles me about this is why they want to get into bed with us? Newmarket is much nearer Cas than Fev. In fact I would judge it's about equidistant from Wakey and Cas, so why aren't they talking to Cas about a groundshare? At a guess because Cas would give them a two word answer and the second word would be "off" I suggest we should do the same.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Quoted in todays press that Wakefield are hoping that surplus cash from their stadium sale, will help fund the new one.

I was under the impression that the ground was sold to a property developer, hence the new naming of the ground.

It would be ironic if the fate of the proposed ground hinged upon Fev agreeing to groundshare and contributing to the running costs.Press reports also state that Rodneys consortium have already invited C*s to groundshare but this offer has been refused. The next best thing, in his eyes, lower the sights and invite Fev. Every little helps I expect.

Personally, I would not touch the deal with a barge pole.

Edited by Bob Crowther

Quoted in todays press that Wakefield are hoping that surplus cash from their stadium sale, will help fund the new one.

I was under the impression that the ground was sold to a property developer, hence the new naming of the ground.

It would be ironic if the fate of the proposed ground hinged upon Fev agreeing to groundshare and contributing to the running costs.Press reports also state that Rodneys consortium have already invited C*s to groundshare but this offer has been refused. The next best thing, in his eyes, lower the sights and invite Fev. Every little helps I expect.

Personally, I would not touch the deal with a barge pole.

As has been stated before. Our land is worth around

What puzzles me about this is why they want to get into bed with us? Newmarket is much nearer Cas than Fev. In fact I would judge it's about equidistant from Wakey and Cas, so why aren't they talking to Cas about a groundshare? At a guess because Cas would give them a two word answer and the second word would be "off" I suggest we should do the same.

Talking of clubs which are equidistant from Newmarket, how about Hunslet? Maybe they would like to play their 'bigger games' at the proposed ground? Or maybe BOTH Fev & Hunslet could play their 'bigger' games there. That would be extra revenue for....erm....Wakefield!!

rodney walker could be the 3rd member of the chuckle brothers , and wakefield will not get this stadium built there just putting up a smoke screen again

Of course they would like us to share! We hear reports that Hull FC are struggling to pay the rent for the KC stadium, even with their big crowds, so how are Wakey going to manage? The rent on a multi-million pound stadium should be huge to a sole tennant, unless they get a subsidy from the council, but why should Featherstone ratepayers pay for this? The rent should be fair and appropriate to the cost of the stadium otherwise the council would be showing favouritism.

With a relocation to Stanley their crowds would need to increase, but they are more likely to dip! I foresee that if they get their new stadium it won't be long before they get the begging bowl out to ask the council to prop them up. If Fev shared with them it would only help save Wakey to our own detriment.

I agree with a lot of that Steve, Wigan are a good example of crowds dropping when moving allthough ironically the away following increased, it has took them years to recover and a lot of Wheelans money. I would think single tennants would really struggle and in rugby terms joint tennants would struggle.

Hull FC are an exception though as the council built the stadium with the windfall money from selling KC Communications, they then sell the licence to run the stadium to the SMC, FC have a long term lease at favourable rates, which one board member told me costs less than the upkeep of the Boulevard as one of the few clubs making a profit I don't see them struggleing to pay the rent.

I fail to see any benefits at all in Fev ground sharing :dry:

As a fan from another club,tell them to stick the new ground. Theres nothing worse in rugby today than watching a game sat down in a empty, atmosphereless ground like the Keepmoat.

I grow up watching the Dons at tattersfield stood in a tin shed that leaked,looking at a pitch with no grass, ####### in a bog with no running water and it was great!!

I love going back to "proper" grounds like post office road and mount pleasant.Leave the football grounds for football clubs and don't saddle cluds with massive debt to build grounds that they do not need.

As a fan from another club,tell them to stick the new ground. Theres nothing worse in rugby today than watching a game sat down in a empty, atmosphereless ground like the Keepmoat.

I grow up watching the Dons at tattersfield stood in a tin shed that leaked,looking at a pitch with no grass, ####### in a bog with no running water and it was great!!

I love going back to "proper" grounds like post office road and mount pleasant.Leave the football grounds for football clubs and don't saddle cluds with massive debt to build grounds that they do not need.

post of the year 2009

There are no strangers at Post Office Road, only friends who haven't met.

So much sense in a short paragraph its time the traditionlists (DIRTY WORD ) took the game back to its rightful owners......The communities. Post Office Road ..Mount Plaasant and Dewsburys grounds are a dying breed despite them having the best atmospheres in the game.