22. Lee

23. Sheriffe

24. Marabe

25. Swift

26. Hardaker

27. Dobek

28. Carr

29. Williamson

some pleasant suprises in there Dobek gettin rewards for his hard work but Zak Hardaker at 26 suprises me a big vote of confidence for him....BIG things to come from him?

YOU CANT CRUSH PRIDE!!!!

A season dedicated to Gareth John Swift

League winners 2010

29 players is a big squad. Last year we started out with just 23, although players were added throughout the season.

Of the 29 players, 15 played last season and 14 are new names. Such a big turnover of players seems the norm nowadays.

Surprising to think that of the 15 players who are repeating from last season, 10 players have changed their shirt number and only FIVE players have the same shirt number as they had last year.

I have to admit Im not much of a fan of squad numbers, it all seems a bit pointless tbh.

29 players is a big squad. Last year we started out with just 23, although players were added throughout the season.

Of the 29 players, 15 played last season and 14 are new names. Such a big turnover of players seems the norm nowadays.

Surprising to think that of the 15 players who are repeating from last season, 10 players have changed their shirt number and only FIVE players have the same shirt number as they had last year.

I have to admit Im not much of a fan of squad numbers, it all seems a bit pointless tbh.

I think it seems sensible...a lot of new players and player squeezing into weird positions last year. this is the first real 'powel' squad. I expectd a big shuffle

UP THE ROVERS!

I honestly do not think squad numbers are necessary in the Championship. Clubs have to go to the expense of putting names on shirts and have to purchase more playing shirts than are required. It is nothing to do with traditionalist, but if we want to bring new supporters into the game, how do we explain which numbers represent a position? A simple 1 - 13 plus subs is all I need.

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

One statistic you missed Mark which I think is important. The starting 13 only have 4 players who didn't feature last year. Lots of newcomers but also a lot of faith in the heart of last years team.

< - Always remember, without experiencing the lows you don't really appreciate the highs - >

we haven't had this luxury in years.

Hobbsy struggled to motivate some players in his squad. He couldn't drop anyone out of the team because there were few, if any, in the reserves to make the step up. i.e. little or no competition for places so some players could have the mornge on or put in half @rsed performances knowing their place in the team was assured!

Now, the club have assembled a good squad with a depth greater than i can remember in recent years! Keeps the mind focussed methinks.

Edited by Robin Evans

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Agree entirely, squad numbers are only required if the players' names are on the shirts (unless of course you get a new set done for every game). It must be a nightmare for stats! also.