Capacity

tms

Whats the official capacity of the ground? The reason I ask is on a preview of super duper league it gave information on all teams

Wakefield a ground with smaller stands and less terracing 11000 and simlarly the other lot 11500 both of which I think may be stretching the truth a liitle bit

I would have thought the stand/terrace at Wakey, and the stands at Cas are larger than ours! Might not be in as good nick like, but I believe they are much larger.

There terrace behind the sticks at Cas is equally much larger than either one of ours by area and by capacity. Even the one Terrace at Wakey is greater than the railway end by some!!

I think ours capacity is currently set around 6700. The only time we've got near it lately was the opener v cas about 4 years back when we got around 6300 in.

Edited by Robin Evans

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Thought it was more than that, but you have to insure it at what you declare so as we are in no fear of needing more, declared less and saved money.

On the other hand, I could just be living in la la land again and spouting rubbish :huh:

The weak conform, the strong survive.

The current capacity is adequate for our current status and it would be folly to increase it without being certain it would be needed.

What is definitely needed is a common sense approach from the RFL. I cannot see the reason why a club should be refused a franchise if they have architects plans, builders quotes with penalty clauses if they fail to complete before the beginning of a season, and proof of funding. That way no club would waste millions on an unsuccesful franchise bid.

If Rovers' stadium plans were to fall by the wayside I would have thought that minimum capacity requirements could be achieved relatively cheaply by building up the banking at the railway end (if this form of terracing is still allowed).

To be completely honest, though, I think that minimum capacity requirements of over 11,000 are nothing more than delusions of grandeur. The only time Wakey would come anywhere near 3/4 of that figure is with massive away support. If any club didn't have enough capacity to accomodate the travelling away supporters they could be guaranteed entrance by making the game all-ticket with first priority going to the away fans (after season ticket holders of course).

I think you the main reason for the low amount is due to the crush barrier being removed several years ago.If these were replaced i think the crowds could be a lot bigger ?

WatchED Rovers since 74-75 seasons,as mad about rovers 35 years on(the wife thinks i,m mad).

ROVERS ROVERS

I think you the main reason for the low amount is due to the crush barrier being removed several years ago.If these were replaced i think the crowds could be a lot bigger ?

I can see your point but the club wouldn't get a licence and the Health and Safety guys would get a coronary

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.