Increasing the crowds

SamG

I think getting more females involved at all levels of the club, Board room down, would be an advantage. I think with the right match day packages, special events etc, the club could attract more female supporters. Im thinking of the twenty to thirty somethings who like to go to events in groups.

Another suggestion would be to employ people on a commission basis to sell tickets and season ticket.

Also canvassing business to buy season tickets to use as incentives for staff. A lot of sales led businesses give prizes to sales teams for good weekly, daily figures.

I think one of our most under used assets are the players themselves. I know many work, but I would like to see more promotion work done by the players. The PNG lads for example accompanied by a member of the publicity team giving out flyers with discounts around Pontefract, Exscape, and generally trying to engage with the public.

VIVA THE FEVOLUTION

I think getting more females involved at all levels of the club, Board room down, would be an advantage. I think with the right match day packages, special events etc, the club could attract more female supporters. Im thinking of the twenty to thirty somethings who like to go to events in groups.

Another suggestion would be to employ people on a commission basis to sell tickets and season ticket.

Also canvassing business to buy season tickets to use as incentives for staff. A lot of sales led businesses give prizes to sales teams for good weekly, daily figures.

I think one of our most under used assets are the players themselves. I know many work, but I would like to see more promotion work done by the players. The PNG lads for example accompanied by a member of the publicity team giving out flyers with discounts around Pontefract, Exscape, and generally trying to engage with the public.

VIVA THE FEVOLUTION

The team just need to be more consistant and the fans will come, we always seem to start with a few howlers which puts people off.

All a fan needs is the knowledge that his team will perform for him and lay their bodies on the line week in week out, it's all a matter of trust.

Win lose or draw if the team play with heart and passion people will come and watch.

I don't see how more females will help, unless they are drop dead gorgeous over 18 and dancing on the pitch at half time!

Edited by Mick H

I don't see how more females will help, unless they are drop dead gorgeous over 18 and dancing on the pitch at half time!

For one they have disposable income, which they seem to like spending( sorry for generalsiation). They also offer a different take on things to men, and perhaps at say board or level just might have some creative ideas that us men may never have thought of.

VIVA THE FEVOLUTION

The team just need to be more consistant and the fans will come, we always seem to start with a few howlers which puts people off.

All a fan needs is the knowledge that his team will perform for him and lay their bodies on the line week in week out, it's all a matter of trust.

Win lose or draw if the team play with heart and passion people will come and watch.

What about a couple of topless bartenders in the clubhouse like we have in the blue lagoon

Success, entertainment, thrills and excitement will bring back most of the missing long-term fans, and take the attendance up around the 2000 mark. After that it gets hard. A dozen new supporters every match - a very ambitious target for a small town team - increases the attendance by less than 200 in a year. A long term strategy is needed, along with match by match efforts.

A child in for free with every adult, a turnstile set up for such, could be a worthwhile endeavour. There could be kids who encourage a parent along, and parents who encourage a child along. And every new customer is a valuable resource to the club, and should be treated as such. Seven new kids will one day, as adults, be worth at least

For one they have disposable income, which they seem to like spending( sorry for generalsiation). They also offer a different take on things to men, and perhaps at say board or level just might have some creative ideas that us men may never have thought of.

They certainly have a different take on things thats for sure! It's the only lads day out I have these days so the last thing i want to do is listen to loads of women talking about shoes, makeup and soft furnishings whilst im trying to enjoy myself! Bless em!! and who's going to get their husbands dinner ready for when they get in after the match if they are serving beer topless behind a bar all day?? Doh

This is just tongue in cheek btw! as I personally think ladies do have a lot to offer the game. I have worked with many CEO's over the years who happen to be female and they do an excellent job.

.... and who's going to get their husbands dinner ready for when they get in after the match if they are serving beer topless behind a bar all day?? Doh

Girlfriend, obviously. :happy:;)

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

Who do you think I am? Ashley Cole or Tiger Woods maybe!!!

You certainly have the " Drawing" power Mick :D:D

Edited by Bob Fowler

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

Who do you think I am? Ashley Cole or Tiger Woods maybe!!!

a hand in the birds bush is worth two in the .......... no, no it's gone. sorry.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

Our lass has only been with me once, she wasn't too chuffed about sitting there cold with no pre or half time entertainment and she was bored but it we signed somebody resembling Dale Cardoza she'd be there every week,,,,,,,,,, she liked that bit of the match lol

PAUL GIBBINS

Wall and Floor Tiling

Plastering

Bathroom fitting

Fencing

Guttering

Insurance work

Free Quotes

www.funkytilers.co.uk