Leigh game

Microdave

• 3 weeks later...

because they already have a mid week fixture on sky v widnes i think!

Well we will play them on the Friday then ;);)

The weak conform, the strong survive.

Rumour on Leigh forum is Tuesday 18th May!!!!!!

The clubs can't agree on a date. As usual, commitments of both clubs play havoc with the intention of playing it as soon as possible after the postponement. (e.g we play Widnes this Thursday, and then you are at Toulouse, a week on Saturday - although that didn't stop the RFL forcing us to go there on Good Friday and then play again on the Monday!)

The matter is awaiting the adjudication of the RFL - all I can say is that the 'game of the season' (so far) is not going to get time for the promotion/publicity it deserves, when an announcement is made!

The clubs can't agree on a date. As usual, commitments of both clubs play havoc with the intention of playing it as soon as possible after the postponement. (e.g we play Widnes this Thursday, and then you are at Toulouse, a week on Saturday - although that didn't stop the RFL forcing us to go there on Good Friday and then play again on the Monday!)

The matter is awaiting the adjudication of the RFL - all I can say is that the 'game of the season' (so far) is not going to get time for the promotion/publicity it deserves, when an announcement is made!

http://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=455921

Are you the same alan who thinks were trying it on?

the same Alan who thinks his team should have 6 days rest in-between games and us 3?

the same Alan who thinks because we dont accept this were trying it on?

get a grip man

http://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=455921

Are you the same alan who thinks were trying it on?

the same Alan who thinks his team should have 6 days rest in-between games and us 3?

the same Alan who thinks because we dont accept this were trying it on?

get a grip man

And the same Alan whose team had two days rest after playing in Toulouse and the five day round trip to Limoux, without any allowances when they got back from there either. The same Alan who noted that Dewsbury got one day's rest, after a horror trip to Toulouse, before being made to play Leigh in a NR Cup game. (and admitted that Dewsbury were needlessly shafted by that ridiculous decision) The same Alan that thinks Fev will have had twelve days rest before playing on Leigh's preferred date of the Wednesday. So yes, it's all about swings & roundabouts & I guess it's time for another team to feel the pain.

Aaaaaaaah Bless, hes thinking of us really. Why should his team feel the pain alone and us miss out!

How thoughtful he is :rolleyes:

The weak conform, the strong survive.

Andy MacNeil just posted on Face Book that the game is confirmed Tues 18th! Result!

I'm in, be my first time to LSV. If ya reading Leyther Matt, i'll see ya in the bar for a natter on all things RL.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

I understand the director of psychiatry Gary Gloom is currently sorting out section 17 leave papers for the nut bus as we speak Vic!

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Seems Rovers want Leigh to play 3 games in 11days. Understandable from your clubs point of view.

Frank,

Given that Leigh play on the 13th and the 23rd I make that Leigh have to play 3 games in 10 days, which also means that playing on the Tuesday gives Leigh the best of everything, i.e. 5 days between the Widnes & Fev games then 5 days between the Fev & Whitehaven games. the one thing it does not give Leigh is Fev having to play 2 games in 3 days with a flight in between. Fev now have to play 2 games in 4 days with a flight in between, which doesn't sound great either. That is not to say other clubs have not had it worse because I'm sure they have, e.g. Dewsbury having to bus it to France etc.

Seems to me both clubs want to get an advantage over the other, which only seems reasonanble given were they are in the league, we all want to do the same.

Only fair thing to do is to play on a Wednesday at some point in the future when both clubs have games on the Sunday before and after and neither has to fly to France. how about 8th of July 4 days before the return fixture in Fev on the 11th July, now that would be tastey! However RL rules state the game has to be played ASAP, which to be honest does not suit either club, so someone has to lose out. The RL descision based on the info above seems reasonable to me, even if Leigh feel agreaved by it.

Does it sound unfair to you? Or do you feel that Leigh where hard done to in the past by having to play at Toulouse on Good Friday and then at home to Batley on Easter Monday against Batley (who also played on Good Friday), with a 3 day turn around? Incidently Leigh won both games, which I'm sure you know.

Good luck to Leigh and to Fev for the season to come, with some cracking encounters from the two clubs to come I'm sure. It's nice to see some of the traditional clubs doing well.

Yours in sport.

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

Frank,

Given that Leigh play on the 13th and the 23rd I make that Leigh have to play 3 games in 10 days, which also means that playing on the Tuesday gives Leigh the best of everything, i.e. 5 days between the Widnes & Fev games then 5 days between the Fev & Whitehaven games. the one thing it does not give Leigh is Fev having to play 2 games in 3 days with a flight in between. Fev now have to play 2 games in 4 days with a flight in between, which doesn't sound great either. That is not to say other clubs have not had it worse because I'm sure they have, e.g. Dewsbury having to bus it to France etc.

Seems to me both clubs want to get an advantage over the other, which only seems reasonanble given were they are in the league, we all want to do the same.

Only fair thing to do is to play on a Wednesday at some point in the future when both clubs have games on the Sunday before and after and neither has to fly to France. how about 8th of July 4 days before the return fixture in Fev on the 11th July, now that would be tastey! However RL rules state the game has to be played ASAP, which to be honest does not suit either club, so someone has to lose out. The RL descision based on the info above seems reasonable to me, even if Leigh feel agreaved by it.

Does it sound unfair to you? Or do you feel that Leigh where hard done to in the past by having to play at Toulouse on Good Friday and then at home to Batley on Easter Monday against Batley (who also played on Good Friday), with a 3 day turn around? Incidently Leigh won both games, which I'm sure you know.

Good luck to Leigh and to Fev for the season to come, with some cracking encounters from the two clubs to come I'm sure. It's nice to see some of the traditional clubs doing well.

Yours in sport.

To be honest I am not worried one way or the other and it does give Leigh an extra days recovery time before our game at Haven.

Like most on this board I expect a comfortable Leigh win.