Thursdays game

Microdave

One winner - the frogs again

It's hardly the french club's fault is it tho - and I realise you didn't say it was. This is a natural disaster and we have the nouse to plan around it.

Having to plan around it to meet the demands of sky which is what appears to be the priority sticks in my gullet a bit like, but it's not too much of a prob if we aren't disadvantaged too much, and I don't think we will be.

Giving away home advantage, and all the other associated benefits and playing away at batley for instance, would be a ball ache. Satisfying the needs of Sky is one think, commercial daftness is another.

Edited by Robin Evans

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

come on man think about what your saying, Keighley will bring a damn sight more fans that Toulouse, and at least we're getting a game

Think about what YOUR saying. Either way we would have to play Toulouse and Keighley at home this season. The likely-hood being that Toulouse would bring very few when ever we played. Where as Keighley may bring less on this date due to the fact that its at short notice, on sky and on a thursday night.

The point about suing anyone, was tongue in cheek. As I said I agree in principle as little can be done about the situation, I was merely highlighting the point that we could stand to lose money from the switch of the Keighley match.

VIVA THE FEVOLUTION

Like ours, their players are part-time and had to return for work reasons. Their livelihoods may have depended on their presence back home.

The cost to Toulouse to put people up might have been too preclusive too!

Of course we can debate whether a french team should be in our league but that has been done to death. Now they're here, we have to look for sollutions to problems. Playing Keighley is about the best solution that can be achieved in such a short period of time.

I honestly cant see why theres so many complaints? Toulouse cant make it, Keighley step in, our plans remain unchanged, just the opposition.

Thanks to the RFL, we actually have some rugby to watch this week. Anyone looking to see how this is to benefit Toulouse are looking way too hard for conspiracies.

Cummins Out.

it'll be interesting to see if that other french club make it to the UK to play Widnes in the re-arranged Challenge Cup game which is also scheduled for Thursday night :rolleyes:

That games off. It's on the RL website.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

They shuldve stayed over here in reality

perhaps they knew this option (a substitute team would be found) was available to them, hence why they suddenly cant make it back??

Complete rubbish, every word of it.

if this situation goes on for any length of time its going to make a mockery of our league-with difficult travel arrangements being the order of the day for toulouse or whom they play which in my humble opinion shows why the french teams should not be allowed to compete in our competitions -it serves no purpose whatsoever other than an annual ###### up in france for those fortunate enough to have adequate funds to cover it.

is there life beyond fev--- andy thorpe

if this situation goes on for any length of time its going to make a mockery of our league-with difficult travel arrangements being the order of the day for toulouse or whom they play which in my humble opinion shows why the french teams should not be allowed to compete in our competitions -it serves no purpose whatsoever other than an annual ###### up in france for those fortunate enough to have adequate funds to cover it.

So the French teams shouldn't be in our league because of an unforseen disaster. That makes no sense whatsoever. And how does it make a mockery of our league, it's a natural disaster that will affect fixtures. No one will die and life goes on, we deal with it a move on. The reasons they are in has been done to death, the fact is they are. No time for little Englanders at all. Tell ya what lets just brick up the tunnel and ban all boats n planes from England. Then we don't have to have anything to do with johnny foreigner at all.

Maybe you're correct Andy, and we've debated the issue to death. But this is a different argument. Now we have them in, all it needs is a little common sense to circumvent a problem caused by a massive natural event. I honeslty think as a club we've done ok here!

Think they done this because toulouse only set off back yesterday so would probably have to come back tomorrow, which would have been harsh but its what you get for been french ;)

The wides game hasnt been postponed, thats from the original game, it is on, they are en route to widnes now

voohli.jpg

So the French teams shouldn't be in our league because of an unforseen disaster. That makes no sense whatsoever. And how does it make a mockery of our league, it's a natural disaster that will affect fixtures. No one will die and life goes on, we deal with it a move on. The reasons they are in has been done to death, the fact is they are. No time for little Englanders at all. Tell ya what lets just brick up the tunnel and ban all boats n planes from England. Then we don't have to have anything to do with johnny foreigner at all.

toulose v widnes normal travel situation

toulose v dewsbury -traffic control strike travel by coach

means that teams travelling when no volcanoes , bolshy leftist air traffic controllers , farmers blocking harbours etc are at a advantage to those when there are -thus a false / shambolic situation occurs--proud to be a LITTLE ENGLANDER , NO NEED TO BE CONDESCENDING AS WE ARE ENTITLED TO OUR OPINION EVEN AS YOU QUITE CLEARLY STATE IS UNACCEPTABLE TO HAVE

Tell ya what lets just brick up the tunnel and ban all boats n planes from England. Then we don't have to have anything to do with johnny foreigner at all.

Planning on running in the election? You get my vote :lol:

voohli.jpg

Maybe you're correct Andy, and we've debated the issue to death. But this is a different argument. Now we have them in, all it needs is a little common sense to circumvent a problem caused by a massive natural event. I honeslty think as a club we've done ok here!

well robin i was just saying about the level playing field and the fact that some teams will gain an advantage by not being blown by ash-sorry cheryl

toulose v widnes normal travel situation

toulose v dewsbury -traffic control strike travel by coach

means that teams travelling when no volcanoes , bolshy leftist air traffic controllers , farmers blocking harbours etc are at a advantage to those when there are -thus a false / shambolic situation occurs--proud to be a LITTLE ENGLANDER , NO NEED TO BE CONDESCENDING AS WE ARE ENTITLED TO OUR OPINION EVEN AS YOU QUITE CLEARLY STATE IS UNACCEPTABLE TO HAVE

You stiil haven't explained why a volcano going off in Iceland is proof that the French shouldn't be in OUR league. Dewsbury were not asked to bus it twice in 6 days as you reckon the french should be. If this were FEV being asked to do the same you'd be going mad. Show a bit of commonsense. Oh and trust me i haven't even started with the condescending bit.

we will just av 2 differ on this subject my intransigent views will not change and nor will thine

Intransigent!!! Not me. And ya won't change me mind.

Rob - Dullest post on here. But the most common sense one as well :lol:

You stiil haven't explained why a volcano going off in Iceland is proof that the French shouldn't be in OUR league. Dewsbury were not asked to bus it twice in 6 days as you reckon the french should be. If this were FEV being asked to do the same you'd be going mad. Show a bit of commonsense. Oh and trust me i haven't even started with the condescending bit.

It's not specifically the volcano eruption that is an indicator of the unsuitability of French clubs in the english league, it's a more general 'travel disruption' issue. It's far more likely that there would be travel issues between the south of France and the north of England than between say, Leigh and Featherstone.

The fact that it's a natural occurance that has caused this particular disruption is largely irrelevant, there are plenty of other possible disruptive elements, be they natural or man-made.

All that said, as has been pointed out, they are in this league and we have to make the best of it, doesn't mean we have to like it!

The fact that it's a natural occurance that has caused this particular disruption is largely irrelevant, there are plenty of other possible disruptive elements, be they natural or man-made.

True Steve, but as yet there hasn't been any that has impacted on our sport. That's the risk assessment issue - i.e. is it likely?? Not it isn't. This natural disaster is a completely different event!

All that said, as has been pointed out, they are in this league and we have to make the best of it, doesn't mean we have to like it!

No we don't, but we have them nonetheless. All this is, is a problem that has been solved - and in our favour Steve!

I'll live with this one.