Microdave

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard it today also from one of the first team players

Cant see it happening myself, toulouse at home then toulouse away in the fixtures as this is what would occur

If we play Keighley, and I think we might just so there's a game on Sky, then we can't play Toulouse on 16th as they've already got a game. One option is the 9th, the Leigh game is postponed as they are in the cup and Toulouse have their blank weekend. Still only two weeks between the games but don't see a problem with that.

Pure Green Heaven, Hammonds Mint Sauce

It is true club are waiting confirmation from rfl that toulouse cannot make it will know by end of today.

The question of toulouse travelling here by coach is non starter as rfl wont allow it yet likes of dewsbury had to, one rule for them one for rest again.

At last some commonsense. RL should announce now that we will play Keightley on thurs. If it was FEV that were being asked to make 2 coach journeys of 24 hours each way in only 6 days this forum would be full of people screaming about the injustice of the RL. Games can be re-arranged and if we play them twice in a week, so what, we've done it with other teams before. I remember us being in a league where we played each other 4 times. By the end of the season i was on first name terms with some away fans. Some of these french lads have jobs n families and a bit of compassion wouldn't go amiss.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

Barrow are scheduled to play on sky on 6th May but their Cup tie will now take priority on the 9th May therefore with Leigh also still been in the cup it would make sense for the Fev - Toulouse match to replace the sky slot, that's if we are to play Keighley this week?

No matter what the result, always a true Fev fan.

"COME ON LADS MAKE US PROUD"

It is true club are waiting confirmation from rfl that toulouse cannot make it will know by end of today.

The question of toulouse travelling here by coach is non starter as rfl wont allow it yet likes of dewsbury had to, one rule for them one for rest again.

Rubbish! Toulouse have already done it at the weekend to play Saints. To ask them to do it again is blatantly unfair. These are part-time players with jobs n families.

Rubbish! Toulouse have already done it at the weekend to play Saints. To ask them to do it again is blatantly unfair. These are part-time players with jobs n families.

Its easy to forget that part.

Cummins Out.

Nice one, lets play a team with 2 weeks worth of rest instead then!

Given that there's no way air travel is happening and the channel ports are back-logged to hell and back meaning it is virtually impossible for them to get here anyway even if they wanted to, what would be your alternative??

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Nice one, lets play a team with 2 weeks worth of rest instead then!

If there's a dark side ya can certainly rely on a FEV fan to find it.

I agree with the switch in principle. The only concearn I have is crowed figures. I doubt the French would have brought many fans with them on either date, yet with the short notice and the fact this is a sky match on a thursday night, I believe Keighley will bring less than they would of done on the aranged Sunday. Hope we will be compensated!

Edited by petesmithfan

VIVA THE FEVOLUTION

Given that there's no way air travel is happening and the channel ports are back-logged to hell and back meaning it is virtually impossible for them to get here anyway even if they wanted to, what would be your alternative??

If it was me i wouldve played the leigh away match this thurs instead seen as though that will no doubt be rearranged for midweek anyway, that wouldve been a bigger sky game than what is on offer (no disrespect to keighley) top of table clash, both played at weekend etc

Keighley audience will now dwindle to what wouldve come on the sunday

Dont get me wrong, i would rather have a game than nothing at all although id like to know who suggested keighley as the switch team or did keighley volounteer?

One winner - the frogs again

Edited by elppaxr2i

I agree with the switch in principle. The only concearn I have is crowed figures. I doubt the French would have brought many fans with them on either date, yet with the short notice and the fact this is a sky match on a thursday night, I believe Keighley will bring less than they would of done on the aranged Sunday. Hope we will be compensated!

It's a natural disaster, who ya gonna sue, God. Billy Connolly tried that n gave up. Be realistic man, these things happen and we just have to make the best of it. We've still got a game and life goes on.

If it was me i wouldve played the leigh away match this thurs instead seen as though that will no doubt be rearranged for midweek anyway, that wouldve been a bigger sky game than what is on offer (no disrespect to keighley) top of table clash, both played at weekend etc

Keighley audience will now dwindle to what wouldve come on the sunday

Dont get me wrong, i would rather have a game than nothing at all although id like to know who suggested keighley as the switch team

One winner - the frogs again

I'm only guessing here but may be Keighley had a spare weekend this week, that way no other fixtures needed to be changed

come on man think about what your saying, Keighley will bring a damn sight more fans that Toulouse, and atleast we're getting a game

YOU CANT CRUSH PRIDE!!!!

A season dedicated to Gareth John Swift

League winners 2010

So you'd fancy playing the 2nd team who are currently on fire, away from home, after we've played Wire on Sunday, with them playing a much inferior team to Wire and having a days extra rest than us and give up the telly game, opportunities to market the club and fiscal incentives????

I can't see Daryl and the BoD going for that one owd cock.

Keighly, no slouches but not top 6 either, even after a longer rest are unlikely to present anymore a greater test than Toulouse would.

I'd prefer Daryl et al to prep more adequately for the Leigh game!!

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)