best team in how many years ?

lorne mosley.

Agree mate about Divet but when he was on he was the best second rower in the game. To be fair that team were nearly all under-achievers.

too right my friend. Gibson, Butt, Hughes , Calland, Banquet,Rodger,Aston, Casey, Southernwood,Molloy,Divet,Price, Tuuta, who's not the underachiever SOUTHERWOOD imho

cc semi 95

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its always hard to compare teams from different seasons with one and other but I'd say on balance I haven't seen a more dominent team when things are going well. I've underestimated us in every game so far so long may it continue.

The true character of the side though will be shown when (if) our form dips and things don't go our way.

too right my friend. Gibson, Butt, Hughes , Calland, Banquet,Rodger,Aston, Casey, Southernwood,Molloy,Divet,Price, Tuuta, who's not the underachiever SOUTHERWOOD imho

cc semi 95

For me the under-achievers in that team were Banquet, Rodger, Aston, Casey, Southernwood n Divet. True we got to the cc semi, but we beat nobody that good to get there.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

1998's team was a good one i thought

mix of experience, good quality imports and youth, some poor results but clicked at the all important time, abit like last years team but went one game further,

Not many teams have given a stuffing to Hull KR 54-6 on their own patch

we did well to finish 4th that year!! Up until just a few games before the play-offs we had look grim at times throughout what was looking like a very 'ordinary' season. As the end of the season drew nearer Danny Baker's form improved no-end and excited us all til that fateful night in Huddersfield putting a rather unexpected gloss on what would have been an otherwise 'nothing special to report' kind of season!

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

weve won nothing yet B)

That's correct Harty but that's not what we are discussing. I come from Hull and used to follow Hull KR (still do from a distance) They had some great sides that never won owt. One year they were beaten cc finalists. second in the league and yc semi finallists but it was a better TEAM than one's which won honours.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

well without wanting to sound insincere -this friday will tell us much more about our current squad than anything that has gone on so far this season , what with the swift/tosh situation . time will tell on how well we coped with the loss of young swifty and god only knows what playing a game of rugby (albeit a very important one) can mean at this juncture for our team-we must if possible be there for them on friday to show our unmitigating support them regardless as to what goes on on the pitch-we will win though

is there life beyond fev--- andy thorpe

Def Since 1902

But Is It A Case Of The Fev Teams Over The last 108 Years Been Poor Making This Current Team Look Good :lol::lol:

I'll let my dad know that he was in a pants team for his 300+ appearences and that back injury he's has since getting injured at Leigh in the late 80's were as a result of playing for a poor team

I was at the ex players dinner at the ground on Friday night, you could have gone and got on the mike to tell the whole room of rovers legends they were poor

PAUL GIBBINS

Wall and Floor Tiling

Plastering

Bathroom fitting

Fencing

Guttering

Insurance work

Free Quotes

www.funkytilers.co.uk