Town make a profit

Workington Town have announced a profit for this season at their AGM despite lower gates and sponsorship income.

Maybe at last some clubs are starting to tighten their ship and are being realistic in what they can and can not afford.

WORKINGTON TOWN CELEBRATE MAKING A PROFIT.

great news will the Super League clubs do the same or will they continue to lose 500K plus a season

FOXY.jpg

The board have done fantastically well in the past few years, they have built the squad steadily and will hopefully continue to do so. Glad to see the back of us paying ridiculous wages and on the brink of going out of business.

This is the 3rd profitable year out of 4, the only blot being the year we incurred the legal costs and compensation payment over the Ged Stokes issue.

The board are doing a great job off the field, we just need to find the key on the field now and in my opinion the current way of an all local squad augmented by 2 quality overseas players is the way to go for clubs like Town.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

This is the 3rd profitable year out of 4, the only blot being the year we incurred the legal costs and compensation payment over the Ged Stokes issue.

The board are doing a great job off the field, we just need to find the key on the field now and in my opinion the current way of an all local squad augmented by 2 quality overseas players is the way to go for clubs like Town.

Amen. Great news.

If we can get in an organiser at half back and a good loose for next season we should be there or there abouts for promotion. The packs good enough, the 3/4 are good enough just struggled at times in the halves.

Well done to worky.

This kind of squad structure is the right one for all Championship clubs, and maybe SL ones too!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.