Roadworks at Stanmore

Who plans these things? The slip road off the M1 joins a dual carriageway, which narrows to single carriageway and then a roundabout - already a recipe for a jam. But there were also temporary lights - no one working mind. And on the way back they'd gone. Event at Wembley, bottlneck, I know let's dig the road up. Do they do it deliberately?

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Who plans these things? The slip road off the M1 joins a dual carriageway, which narrows to single carriageway and then a roundabout - already a recipe for a jam. But there were also temporary lights - no one working mind. And on the way back they'd gone. Event at Wembley, bottlneck, I know let's dig the road up. Do they do it deliberately?

Roadworks at Stanmore? Could you not cut back through Marrickville, then via Enmore road through Newtown?

IMAG0394_zpsvjvgze6q.jpg

Nope. We had to send them an e-mail and your reg. number. :D

And the rest of us?

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

There is no M1 at Stanmore, only Parramatta Road as the main nearby artery, and as one of the boundaries.

Were you thinking of the M4 perhaps? But that is miles away from Stanmore anyway.

You could perhaps do well to follow the advice above of totalrl.com's resident map reader Hornetto next time.

Personally, if I was stuck in traffic at Stanmore in a rush on my way to Wembley, I would park my car on a side street and take a taxi to the airport. QANTAS and British Airways don't wait for late passengers, even those with the lame old "roadworks" excuse like you have presented here. :lol:

Edited by ParisSurtout

Le rugby a treize, c'est moi!

_____

Alternatively, you could get a lift with the Petersham RSL courtesy bus via Ashfield!!

Unfortunately I'm not very familiar with London at all. We put Stanmore in the sat nav, intending to park at Stanmore underground - where I parked the last time I went to Wembley (1983 :lol: )

We ran into the jam and subsequently discovered that the car park was full anyway, turned around, turned right at the first roundabout and parked on the street down there. Judging from the people hanging about it's obviously a Jewish area.

It took us about 15 mins to walk back to the underground.

Another annoying factor was that we needn't have bought return tickets. You didn't need a ticket on the return journey.

Clement Attlee.

Roadworks at Stanmore? Could you not cut back through Marrickville, then via Enmore road through Newtown?

Pretty good effort to work a reference to the Jets into this thread.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Unfortunately I'm not very familiar with London at all. We put Stanmore in the sat nav, intending to park at Stanmore underground - where I parked the last time I went to Wembley (1983 :lol: )

We ran into the jam and subsequently discovered that the car park was full anyway, turned around, turned right at the first roundabout and parked on the street down there. Judging from the people hanging about it's obviously a Jewish area.

Another annoying factor was that we needn't have bought return tickets. You didn't need a ticket on the return journey.

Well, if you'd headed to Aylesbury, and got a train from there....... ;)

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

Alternatively, you could get a lift with the Petersham RSL courtesy bus via Ashfield!!

A ten minute walk condensed into a 45 minute bus trip.

There are currently roadworks on Percival Rd near the intersection of Parramatta Rd. Sydney Water is fixing a mains pipe. Bloody noise has been interrupting my sleep.

Go the Bluebags.

The religion of the residents has nothing to do with anything does it?

We didn't have a problem with traffic, other than about a five minute wait where the roadworks were just before the roundabout. But then we made sure we got there in plenty of time. With 85,000 people heading to Wembley with the majority coming from the north, we made sure we arrived early so not to get delayed. We drove past Stanmore station, turned left at the lights and drove down to Queensbury. We had a NCP car park where parking all day was

[center][url="http://www.twitter.com/HerbertSplatt"]Herbert Splatt's Twitter Feed[/url][/center]

The religion of the residents has nothing to do with anything does it?

Not really, I just thought that parking in an area populated by pious observant orthodox jews would be fairly safe from vandalism.

Clement Attlee.