Fev not champions yet ?

kev C

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<br />As I used to say to my customers many years ago, turnover is NOT profit and profit is not cash. Many people misunderstand this. Turnover is the amount of your yearly expenditure. One could assume that the money coming in should appropriately go up. This is not the case. You have spent more but has it been profitable? For instance if you spent

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

<br /><br /><br />

it certainly helped me to get to sleep colin

You're not the only one OR. Somebody else replied in the same context last night. To make it easier. Supposing you sign a new coach and three new players their contracts come to over 100K. That goes ionto your turnover. You will be looking for a return on your investment by the players and the coach producing results. They don't so the crowds stay the same. No increase in income. So you have increased turnover without it having a beneficial effect. In fact it has the reverse effect as you are spending more money for the same income. Turnover up, income down.

<br />You're not the only one OR. Somebody else replied in the same context last night. To make it easier. Supposing you sign a new coach and three new players their contracts come to over 100K. That goes ionto your turnover. You will be looking for a return on your investment by the players and the coach producing results. They don't so the crowds stay the same. No increase in income. So you have increased turnover without it having a beneficial effect. In fact it has the reverse effect as you are spending more money for the same income. Turnover up, income down.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

with you now.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

What you said Colin, is what I was hinting at, turnover is not profit, but can be a liabiliy. Very few (if any) Super League clubs will be making the kind of profit the RFL seem to require. Even in premiership Football the top teams are badly in debt.

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.